Subject: [Netconf] Last Call: <draft-ietf-netconf-zerotouch-25.txt> (Zero Touch Provisioning for Networking Devices) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 08 Oct 2018 11:48:46 -0700

The IESG has received a request from the Network Configuration WG (netconf)
to consider the following document: - 'Zero Touch Provisioning for Networking
Devices'
  <draft-ietf-netconf-zerotouch-25.txt> as Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits final
comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2018-10-22. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the beginning of
the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   This draft presents a technique to securely provision a networking
   device when it is booting in a factory-default state.  Variations in
   the solution enables it to be used on both public and private
   networks.  The provisioning steps are able to update the boot image,
   commit an initial configuration, and execute arbitrary scripts to
   address auxiliary needs.  The updated device is subsequently able to
   establish secure connections with other systems.  For instance, a
   device may establish NETCONF (RFC 6241) and/or RESTCONF (RFC 8040)
   connections with deployment-specific network management systems.

The file can be obtained via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-netconf-zerotouch/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-netconf-zerotouch/ballot/

The following IPR Declarations may be related to this I-D:

   https://datatracker.ietf.org/ipr/2581/

The document contains these normative downward references.
See RFC 3967 for additional information: 
    draft-ietf-netmod-yang-data-ext: YANG Data Extensions (None - IETF stream)