Subject: [Netconf] updates to client-server and friends drafts

From: Kent Watsen <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 23 Oct 2018 00:36:48 +0000

NETCONF WG,

Open Issues:
  - crypto-types: the algs don't include elliptical curves yet
  - keystore: keepalive soln. for tcp/ssh/tls/netconf/restconf

Summary of changes below:

crypto-types-02

   o  Removed unwanted "mandatory" and "must" statements.

   o  Added many new crypto algorithms (thanks Haiguang!)
      [added Haiguang as co-author]

   o  Clarified in asymmetric-key-pair-with-certs-grouping, in
      certificates/certificate/name/description, that if the name MUST
      not match the name of a certificate that exists independently in
      <operational>, enabling certs installed by the manufacturer (e.g.,
      an IDevID).

trust-anchors-02

   o  Switched "list pinned-certificate" to use the "trust-anchor-cert-
      grouping" from crypto-types.  Effectively the same definition as
      before.

keystore-07

   o  Removed a "require-instance false"

   o  Clarified some description statements

   o  Improved the keystore-usage examples

ssh-client-server-08

   o  Added a number of compatibility matrices to Section 5 (thanks
      Frank!)  [Added Frank as a co-author]

   o  Clarified that any configured "host-key-alg" values need to be
      compatible with the configured private key.

tls-client-server-08

   o  Added a number of compatibility matrices to Section 5 (thanks
      Frank!)  [Added Frank as a co-author]

   o  Clarified that any configured "cipher-suite" values need to be
      compatible with the configured private key.

netconf-client-server-08

   o  Modified examples to be compatible with new crypto-types algs
      
restconf-client-server-08

   o  Modified examples to be compatible with new crypto-types algs

Kent (and Haiguang and Liang/Frank)