Subject: [netconf] Roman Danyliw's No Objection on draft-ietf-netconf-yang-push-23: (with COMMENT)

From: Roman Danyliw via Datatracker <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 30 Apr 2019 13:01:34 -0700

Roman Danyliw has entered the following ballot position for
draft-ietf-netconf-yang-push-23: No Objection

When responding, please keep the subject line intact and reply to all
email addresses included in the To and CC lines. (Feel free to cut this
introductory paragraph, however.)

Please refer to https://www.ietf.org/iesg/statement/discuss-criteria.html
for more information about IESG DISCUSS and COMMENT positions.

The document, along with other ballot positions, can be found here:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-netconf-yang-push/

----------------------------------------------------------------------
COMMENT:
----------------------------------------------------------------------

Per Section 3.7:
-- Is the re-synchronization behavior/value of patch-id different with dynamic
vs. configured subscriptions, especially if the publisher crashed or lost the
connection?

-- I’d recommend being explicit about the value by which patch-id gets
incremented (1?) so that there won’t be ambiguity on the lost/out-of-sequence
detection.