Subject: [netconf] Mirja Kühlewind's No Objection on draft-ietf-netconf-restconf-notif-13: (with COMMENT)

From: Mirja Kühlewind via Datatracker <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 13 May 2019 09:02:44 -0700

Mirja Kühlewind has entered the following ballot position for
draft-ietf-netconf-restconf-notif-13: No Objection

When responding, please keep the subject line intact and reply to all
email addresses included in the To and CC lines. (Feel free to cut this
introductory paragraph, however.)

Please refer to https://www.ietf.org/iesg/statement/discuss-criteria.html
for more information about IESG DISCUSS and COMMENT positions.

The document, along with other ballot positions, can be found here:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-netconf-restconf-notif/

----------------------------------------------------------------------
COMMENT:
----------------------------------------------------------------------

One question (and this is probably just because of my lack of detailed
knowledge about RESTCONF):

Sec 4 says: "To meet subscription quality of service promises, the publisher
MUST
   take any existing subscription "dscp" and apply it to the DSCP
   marking in the IP header."
What does "existing subscription "dscp"" mean here?

Related update: please also consider the comment from the TSV-ART review about
the example DSCP value (Thanks Wes!). I actually would also appreciate to add a
comment that this is an internal value that depends on the network
configuration (in order to avoid that people just randomly copy this example
value and suddenly always use 10)!

---

From: "Reshad Rahman (rrahman)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 13 May 2019 17:57:12 +0000

Hi,

Thank you for your review. Please see inline.

On 2019-05-13, 12:03 PM, "Mirja Kühlewind via Datatracker" <[email-masked]> wrote:

    

This is referring to the "dscp" leaf node in draft-ietf-netconf-subscribed-notifications. But as Benjamin pointed out, we will be removing this section from this draft since the text got added to subscribed-notifications.

Noted.

Regards,
Reshad.

---

From: Mirja Kuehlewind <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 14 May 2019 10:41:18 +0200

Hi Reshad,

Okay. Thanks for the info!

Mirja

> On 13. May 2019, at 19:57, Reshad Rahman (rrahman) <[email-masked]> wrote:
> 
> 
> 
> Hi,
>