Subject: [netconf] [Errata Rejected] RFC8040 (5565)

From: RFC Errata System <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 23 Oct 2019 14:45:37 -0700 (PDT)

The following errata report has been rejected for RFC8040,
"RESTCONF Protocol".

--------------------------------------
You may review the report below and at:
https://www.rfc-editor.org/errata/eid5565

--------------------------------------
Status: Rejected
Type: Technical

Reported by: Qin Wu <[email-masked]>
Date Reported: 2018-12-03
Rejected by: Ignas Bagdonas (IESG)

Section: 7

Original Text
-------------
              +-------------------------+------------------+
              | error-tag               | status code      |
              +-------------------------+------------------+
              | in-use                  | 409              |
              | lock-denied             | 409              |
              | resource-denied         | 409              |
              | data-exists             | 409              |
              | data-missing            | 409              |

Corrected Text
--------------
              +-------------------------+------------------+
              | error-tag               | status code      |
              +-------------------------+------------------+
              | in-use                  | 409              |
              | lock-denied             | 409              |
              | resource-denied         | 409              |
              | data-exists             | 409              |
              | data-missing            | 404              |

Notes
-----
The <error-tag> data missing should be mapped to status code '404' instead of '409' to get consistent with the defintion of data-missing in RFC6241.
 --VERIFIER NOTES-- 
   Rejected based on WG discussion: https://mailarchive.ietf.org/arch/msg/netconf/XfoOpKslbdbGbX8HZrQHtNRvVkw

--------------------------------------
RFC8040 (draft-ietf-netconf-restconf-18)
--------------------------------------
Title               : RESTCONF Protocol
Publication Date    : January 2017
Author(s)           : A. Bierman, M. Bjorklund, K. Watsen
Category            : PROPOSED STANDARD
Source              : Network Configuration
Area                : Operations and Management
Stream              : IETF
Verifying Party     : IESG