Subject: [netconf] Analysis of adoption-suitability polls

From: Kent Watsen <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 1 Oct 2020 21:20:21 +0000

Thank you to all who participated in the adoption-suitability polls initiated on August 5.  The chairs apologize for being late with this response, but wanted to ensure everyone had an opportunity to respond.

There were seven drafts up for potential adoption for which we requested feedback on.  While we would’ve liked to see more responses, we feel that there is enough information to establish initial findings.

Adoption Poll Succeeded
===================

	The following drafts presented themselves as having the most amount
	and diversity of support, both from authors and non-authors and, more
	importantly, have no standing objections:

		- draft-unyte-netconf-udp-notif
		- draft-unyte-netconf-distributed-notif
		- draft-kwatsen-netconf-sztp-csr

	Authors, please resubmit your drafts as working group documents
	(e.g., “draft-ietf…”).  Please submit them as is, without modification
	from that reviewed.

Adoption Pending
=============

	The following drafts have standing objections that are unresolved, 
	and also lack significant number and diversity of responses:

		- draft-wang-netconf-bulk-subscribed-notifications
		- draft-wang-netconf-adaptive-subscription
		- draft-tao-netconf-notif-node-tag-capabilities
		- draft-tao-netconf-data-export-capabilities

	Authors are encouraged to engage the working group in discussions
	about their drafts, and then update and resubmit them when ready.

Thanks,
NETCONF Chairs