Subject: [netconf] New draft draft-lindblad-netconf-transaction-id-00

From: "Jan Lindblad (jlindbla)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 9 Nov 2020 08:38:53 +0000

Hi all,

A few days ago I submitted a draft on a NETCONF extension for
more efficient client-server synchronization. Link below. Unfortunately,
I forgot to fill in the abstract in the submission, so it follows here:

NETCONF clients and servers often need to have a synchronized view of
the server's configuration data stores.  The volume of configuration
data in a server may be very large, while data store changes typically
are small when observed at typical client resynchronization intervals.

Rereading the entire data store and analyzing the response for changes
is a an inefficient mechanism for synchronization.  This document
specifies an extension to NETCONF that allows clients and servers to
keep synchronized with a much smaller data exchange and without any
need for servers to store information about the clients.

https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-lindblad-netconf-transaction-id/

Feel free to discuss here as well as on the IETF109 NETCONF meeting
on Nov 18th.

Best Regards,
/jan