Subject: [netext] Multimob PMIPv6 Multicast Support drafts

From: Behcet Sarikaya <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 16 Sep 2009 15:08:29 -0700 (PDT)

Hello all,
  The newly formed Multimob WG has a charter item to publish a document explaining the use of multicast in PMIPv6. Currently we have these drafts (in alphabetic order):

http://tools.ietf.org/id/draft-krishnan-multimob-pmip6basicmcast-solution-00.txt
http://tools.ietf.org/id/draft-schmidt-multimob-pmipv6-mcast-deployment-01.txt
http://tools.ietf.org/id/draft-sijeon-multimob-mms-pmip6-00.txt

and we solicit reviews of these drafts from PMIPv6 people. They are short and easy to read. 

Please post your review on Multimob list (preferred), or send to the chairs soon.

Thanks,

Stig & Behcet

---

From: "Seil Jeon" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 17 Sep 2009 19:42:26 +0900

Hi all,

I'm Seil Jeon, the author of this draft http://tools.ietf.org/id/draft-
sijeon-multimob-mms-pmip6-00.txt

Mainly other drafts propose the method using MAG or LMA as multicast router.

However, we can know that there is serious tunnel convergence problem
between MAG and LMA as Mobile IP approach.

And we should consider igmp/mld delay for new joining when mobile if there
are no subscribers.

I think that they are critical factors for PMIPv6 multicast architecture to
be designed and 

the burdens on PMIPv6 components should be minimized as possible.

============================================================================
# Error Notice

As you see handover operation in section 4, PBU/PBA signaling that
exchanging between N-MAG and MR (Multicast Router) is error.

It should be exchanged between N-MAG and LMA. So, don't misunderstand. A MR
is simple multicast router where we have already known.

I would modify an error in (-01) version

Best Regards,

Seil Jeon

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of
Behcet Sarikaya
Sent: Thursday, September 17, 2009 7:08 AM
To: [email-masked]; [email-masked]
Cc: Stig Venaas; [email-masked]
Subject: [netlmm] Multimob PMIPv6 Multicast Support drafts

Hello all,
  The newly formed Multimob WG has a charter item to publish a document
explaining the use of multicast in PMIPv6. Currently we have these drafts
(in alphabetic order):

http://tools.ietf.org/id/draft-krishnan-multimob-pmip6basicmcast-solution-
00.txt
http://tools.ietf.org/id/draft-schmidt-multimob-pmipv6-mcast-deployment-
01.txt
http://tools.ietf.org/id/draft-sijeon-multimob-mms-pmip6-00.txt

and we solicit reviews of these drafts from PMIPv6 people. They are short
and easy to read. 

Please post your review on Multimob list (preferred), or send to the chairs
soon.

Thanks,

Stig & Behcet

_______________________________________________
netlmm mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/netlmm