Subject: Re: [netext] charter revision

From: Jari Arkko <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 01 Feb 2010 11:33:14 +0200

Rajeev,

But maybe the answer is already obvious, and I'm just not
seeing it. Can you list what extensions are necessary to
support this functionality? Is there one or multiple?

Flow Mobility:

- protocol between LMA and (target) MAG to support forwarding of one or
more flows
- Request/Respone messaging
- the protocol will carry one or more MH options, including such flow
tuple parameters as HNP, IPv4 address, QoS parameters, etc.

Inter-access handover:

- MAG - MAG protocol: perhaps we can re-use PFMIP6 with appropriate MH
options
- Target MAG - AAA protocol: this is feasible when an auth protocol is
assumed to be in place upon inter-access handovers within the same PMIP6
domain; I am not sure extensions are necessary.

As you can see, this does not have to be complicated.

Yes, this is good.

But I'm not sure what the final list of documents will be -- you said
"perhaps re-use" above, I don't know if the flow description format
will be a separate document or re-use something existing, are we
talking about one or two AAA protocols, etc.

I would suggest that we keep the milestone so that these details can be
worked out. You are already well on your way to get this done. The
purpose of the milestone is not to set up a hoop that you have to jump
through or prevent you from doing the work. However, once you know what
specific components will be developed, we can mark the milestone done,
and edit the remaining milestones.

Jari