Subject: [netext] Wi-DroIT 2022

From: Francesco Betti Sorbelli <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 21 Feb 2022 22:38:23 +0100

[Apologies if you receive multiple copies of this message]

CALL FOR PAPERS

Wi-DroIT 2022 - 4th International Workshop on Wireless Sensors and Drones
in Internet of Things

May 30 – June 1, 2022
co-located with DCOSS 2022

Website: https://widroit2022.github.io/
Submission link: https://easychair.org/conferences/?conf=widroit2022

COVID-19 Pandemic Planning
Unless substantial, unforeseen developments occur, DCOSS 2022 will be held
as a physical, full in person event, at a high quality venue which pays
special attention to hygiene and safety. At least one author of each
accepted paper must register for the conference and attend it. Remote
presentation of a paper may exceptionally be allowed in special cases
(travel bans, medical issues) when physical participation is not possible.
Every paper accepted for DCOSS 2022 (presented in person or virtually) will
be published in the IEEE proceedings.

Aims and Scope

Recently, the rapid development of Unmanned Autonomous Vehicles (UAVs),
also known as drones, has highlighted a plethora of emergent applications
such as infrastructure inspection and surveillance, smart agriculture, seek
and rescue, parcel delivery, communications, and post-disaster recovery. In
all these applications, UAVs may coexist with ground Internet of Things
(IoT) devices. For example, UAVs autonomously perform remote sensing
relaying the collected data by the sensors. Moreover, single or multiple
UAVs can cooperatively collaborate providing services that require
efficient protocols where multiple objectives and constraints should be
accounted for.

For this workshop, we seek papers that combine the design of algorithms and
testbed implementations to develop the theoretical foundations for UAVs as
well as the synergies with IoT devices. The numerous emergent applications
raised by IoT may require an interdisciplinary approach, involving
techniques from algorithm foundations and different areas, such as computer
networks, artificial intelligence, concurrent, parallel and distributed
computing, security, digital signal, image and sound processing.

Topics of Interest

- Autonomous sensing via UAVs
- Topology monitoring with UAVs
- Remote sensing networks via UAVs
- Communication protocols of UAVs over IoT
- Modeling and analysis of UAVs over IoT
- Precision agriculture and UAVs
- Crops monitoring in agriculture
- Bugs monitoring in agriculture
- UAVs for environmental monitoring
- Autopilot and UAS autonomy
- UAVs path planning and scheduling
- Parcel delivery using UAVs
- Cellular networks and UAVs
- Constrained and multi-objectives problems
- Sensors localization with UAVs
- UAVs tracking techniques
- Cooperative control of multiple UAVs
- Cyber-security communications and UAVs
- Optimal UAV deployment strategies
- Test-beds and experimental results for UAVs
- Single UAV applications
- Multi-UAV applications
- Energy-efficient UAV communications
- Machine learning for UAV communications

Important dates

- Abstract Submission: March 8, 2022
- Paper Submission: March 15, 2022
- Acceptance Notification: April 15, 2022
- Camera Ready: April 22, 2022

Submission

Authors are invited to submit original unpublished manuscripts that
demonstrate current research on distributed sensor systems related to
WiDroIt topics of interest. Please use the US letter size (8.5 x 11 in)
standard IEEE conference LaTeX format or Microsoft Word template available
on the link below:
http://www.ieee.org/conferences_events/conferences/publishing/templates.html
All submissions should be written in English and submitted as a full paper.
Full papers should have a maximum of eight (8) printed pages including
figures and references. Full papers are expected to describe fully
developed ideas with a thorough evaluation. Note that Wi-DroIT does not
follow the double-blind review policy. The names and affiliations of all
the authors must be present in the submitted manuscript

-- 
Francesco Betti Sorbelli

-- 
Francesco Betti Sorbelli