Subject: [netmod] Experiment: FAQ jabber "sprint"

From: David Partain <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 2 Sep 2008 13:30:02 +0200

Hi,

We'd like to try a little experiment as a different way of working within the 
working group.  This initial experiment will _not_ be on chartered work, 
since we want to see how it goes before we try to apply it to chartered work.

We will meet in the IETF's NETMOD Jabber room (jabber.ietf.org is the server, 
netmod is the room) and work on the FAQs listed at

http://wiki.tools.ietf.org/wg/netmod/trac/wiki/YANG_FAQ

The meeting will be one week from today (September 9) at 12:30 
(California)/15:30 (East Coast)/21:30 (Central Europe)/
03:30 (on the 3rd) (Tokyo)

The idea is to discuss the questions "live" and fill in the answers as well as 
potentially asking new FAQs.  Jabber logs will be available after-the-fact 
for anyone who wishes to see what happened.  Those are available at 
http://jabber.ietf.org/logs/netmod/ (look for the appropriate date... 
fascinating that there are logs from LONG before there was a working group).

I've tried to maximize the ability of people from all over to participate, but 
that's not easy.  I'm keenly aware that this time is not good for everyone 
when we're spread out all over the globe.  I'm also aware that this means 
that some people cannot participate since their corporate policies do not 
allow them to use jabber.  Both of these are issues when considering using 
this for "official" working group business.

Hope to see a great many of you there!

Cheers,

David
_______________________________________________
netmod mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/netmod

---

From: David Partain <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 9 Sep 2008 14:26:19 +0200

On Tuesday 02 September 2008 13.30.02 David Partain wrote:
> Hi,
>
> We'd like to try a little experiment as a different way of working within
> the working group.  This initial experiment will _not_ be on chartered
> work, since we want to see how it goes before we try to apply it to
> chartered work.
>
> We will meet in the IETF's NETMOD Jabber room (jabber.ietf.org is the
> server, netmod is the room) and work on the FAQs listed at
>
> The idea is to discuss the questions "live" and fill in the answers as well
> as potentially asking new FAQs.  Jabber logs will be available
> after-the-fact for anyone who wishes to see what happened.  Those are
> available at http://jabber.ietf.org/logs/netmod/ (look for the appropriate
> date... fascinating that there are logs from LONG before there was a
> working group).
>
> I've tried to maximize the ability of people from all over to participate,
> but that's not easy.  I'm keenly aware that this time is not good for
> everyone when we're spread out all over the globe.  I'm also aware that
> this means that some people cannot participate since their corporate
> policies do not allow them to use jabber.  Both of these are issues when
> considering using this for "official" working group business.
>

Hi all,

Don't forget that this is today (or tomorrow morning if you're in Japan).  See 
you there in 7 hours.

David