Subject: [netmod] FW: RFC 5381 on Experience of Implementing NETCONF over SOAP

From: "Romascanu, Dan (Dan)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 2 Nov 2008 12:51:43 +0100

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked]
[mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of
[email-masked]
Sent: Saturday, November 01, 2008 12:25 AM
To: [email-masked]; [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Subject: RFC 5381 on Experience of Implementing NETCONF over SOAP

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 5381

        Title:      Experience of Implementing NETCONF over 
                    SOAP 
        Author:     T. Iijima, Y. Atarashi,
                    H. Kimura, M. Kitani,
                    H. Okita
        Status:     Informational
        Date:       October 2008
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked],
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      22
        Characters: 47724
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-iijima-netconf-soap-implementation-10.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc5381.txt

This document describes how the authors developed a SOAP (Simple Object
Access Protocol)-based NETCONF (Network Configuration
Protocol) client and server.  It describes an alternative SOAP binding
for NETCONF that does not interoperate with an RFC 4743 conformant
implementation making use of cookies on top of the persistent transport
connections of HTTP.  When SOAP is used as a transport protocol for
NETCONF, various kinds of development tools are available.  By making
full use of these tools, developers can significantly reduce their
workload.  The authors developed an NMS (Network Management System) and
network equipment that can deal with NETCONF messages sent over SOAP.
This document aims to provide NETCONF development guidelines gained from
the experience of implementing a SOAP-based NETCONF client and server.
This memo provides information for the Internet community.

INFORMATIONAL: This memo provides information for the Internet
community.
It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind. Distribution of
this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see
http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
USC/Information Sciences Institute

_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
_______________________________________________
netmod mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/netmod