Subject: [netmod] nested typedefs and groupings

From: Juergen Schoenwaelder <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 6 Nov 2008 08:50:03 +0100

Hi,

YANG supports nested typedefs and groupings (section 5.8) and one of
the motivations given is that scoped definitions prevent naming
conflicts between types in different submodules. The text also states
that scoped definitions MUST NOT shadow definitions at a higher scope
which I find somewhat contraditionary in the light of the first
statement since this rule requires at the end again to generate names
with low probability of conflict and given the name resolution
procedure I fail to see that something actually breaks if I have a
name clash. In other words, I would expect a parser to generate a
warning if there is a name clash but not a hard error.

/js

-- 
Juergen Schoenwaelder           Jacobs University Bremen gGmbH
Phone: +49 421 200 3587         Campus Ring 1, 28759 Bremen, Germany
Fax:   +49 421 200 3103         <http://www.jacobs-university.de/>
_______________________________________________
netmod mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/netmod