Subject: [netmod] types-016: domain name normalization

From: Juergen Schoenwaelder <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 18 Dec 2008 17:14:54 +0100

Description: The domain-name type currently allows upper-case and
lower-case characters in the domain name.

Discussion: Proposal:

    * Follow the text in the description clause of the uri data type
      which requires that all case-insensitive characters are set to
      lowercase
    * Results in a 1:1 mapping between lexical space and value space
    * Implementations can still be lenient in what they accept 

/js

-- 
Juergen Schoenwaelder           Jacobs University Bremen gGmbH
Phone: +49 421 200 3587         Campus Ring 1, 28759 Bremen, Germany
Fax:   +49 421 200 3103         <http://www.jacobs-university.de/>
_______________________________________________
netmod mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/netmod