Subject: [netmod] must/mandatory on non-config database node

From: Andy Bierman <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 12 Dec 2008 15:44:26 -0800

Hi,

The must-stmt and mandatory=true applied to a read-only data node is
merely a schema reminder to the manager, like rpc/output, right?

There is no actual protocol processing point associated
with a config=false database node.  If there is a violation,
it is an agent bug.  There won't be any <rpc-error> reported.
(Hey, that would be cool -- an agent that could run all the
validation tests and report "I'm a buggy implementation." ;-)

The draft should not imply that generation of an <rpc-error> for these
restraints will be done for <edit-config> or <commit> PDU processing
on config=false nodes.

That would be bad.  All it takes is one buggy (or non-compliant)
mandatory read-only object and all edits and commits would fail from then on,
and there's nothing the NMS can do about it.

Andy

_______________________________________________
netmod mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/netmod

---

From: Martin Bjorklund <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 16 Dec 2008 22:46:45 +0100 (CET)

> merely a schema reminder to the manager, like rpc/output, right?

It is like rpc output, yes.  If it is mandatory=true is must be
present in an unfiltered, full-access reply to <get/>, if its parent
exists.

> it is an agent bug.

Yes.

/martin