Subject: [netmod] comments on draft-ietf-netmod-yang-11

From: Kent Watsen <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 31 Mar 2010 19:13:40 -0700

Two concerns:

1. In section 5.6.4, why is the module-parameter included in the capability-string?  My understanding is that each module has a unique namespace, so is listing its name in the capability string really needed? In many examples it seems redundant (e.g. http://example.com/syslog?module=syslog)

2. Section 6.3.1 says YANG compilers MAY ignore unknown extensions.  This behavior may not be OK in all cases.  Can the modeler be provided syntax to indicate if it's OK to ignore an extension?

And a few editorial comments:

5.6.4.[2-3]: (both)
  - example missing revision= in capability string

6.1.3.1:
  - would be good if the "first line\n" + "  second line"
    examples could be indented similarly
  - also, it's not clear if there should be 2 or 3 spaces
    in the second example.  The text says "up to the column
    of the double quote character".  The example has 2 spaces,
    but I'd rather not leave it to an example.  How about 
    using XSD's "token" type as an example? Token: "A string
    that does not contain line feeds, carriage returns, tabs,
    leading or trailing spaces, or multiple spaces"

Thanks,
Kent