Subject: Re: [netmod] augmenting imported module

From: Randy Presuhn <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 7 May 2010 07:03:29 -0700 (GMT-07:00)

Hi -

>From: Ladislav Lhotka <[email-masked]>
>Sent: May 7, 2010 12:46 AM
>To: Hiroto Shibuya <[email-masked]>
>Cc: [email-masked]
>Subject: Re: [netmod] augmenting imported module
...
>> 4.2.8.  Extending Data Models (augment)
>> 
>>    YANG allows a module to insert additional nodes into data models,
>>    including both the current module (and its submodules) or an
>> external
>>    module. 
...

>From the discussion that ensued, it seems to me that the word
"insert" here is at least partially responsible for the confusion.

The phrase "into data models" doesn't help, since that would be read
as "into *other* data models" rather than "into *its* *own* data model."

It's made even worse by the ambiguity of of the phrase "including
both ..." which may be read as the nerdish "#INCLUDE-ing both",
but which also be read in the normal English sense of saying that
additional nodes are inserted into the current module and into
the exernal module.

I think this sentence should be replaced with something less
misleading.

Randy