Subject: [netmod] FW: DISCUSS: draft-ietf-netmod-yang

From: "Romascanu, Dan (Dan)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 12 May 2010 21:16:10 +0200

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of
Tim Polk
Sent: Wednesday, May 12, 2010 10:14 PM
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]; [email-masked]
Subject: DISCUSS: draft-ietf-netmod-yang 

Discuss:
[Sorry about the late discuss text.  I encountered a tracker bug that
prevented entry before the telechat.]

(1) I believe that Roberts comment on deviation merits a discuss because
of interoperability and conformance concerns.  I would like to
understand the intent of the wg, since this seems to create a large
loophole.

(2) I believe this document should note that specifications using yang
can indicate that a deviation of "not supported" is not allowed for a
particular object.  This feature should be used to ensure that a minimum
level of interoperability is achieved.