Subject: Re: [netmod] Feedback on draft-ietf-ipfix-configuration-model-07

From: "Andy Bierman" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 09 Aug 2010 15:09:54 -0700

Hi,

It is a big deal to change all the camelNames to dashed-
names .
IMO, as long as the usage is self consistent, that is ok. 
The new dashes are not consistent with SMI names.

Andy

----- Reply message -----
From: "Martin Bjorklund" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, Aug 9, 2010 13:56
Subject: [netmod] Feedback on draft-ietf-ipfix-configuration-model-07
To: <[email-masked]>
Cc: <[email-masked]>

Hi,

Gerhard Muenz <[email-masked]> wrote:
> 
> Dear all,
> 
> In the IPFIX WG, we will have a second WGLC for
> draft-ietf-ipfix-configuration-model-07.
> 
> It would be nice if some YANG experts could have a look at the document,
> too.
> 
> The YANG module was validated with pyang and seems to be correct.
> Nevertheless, you might have further comments.

I have done a very brief review, but I won't have time in the very
near future to do a deeper review, so I thought I should send what I
had:

1.  IMO, there should be one (1) revision statement, which should not
    contain the history of all drafts; it should simple state that
    this is the initial revision.

2.  I agree with Juergen that it might be a good idea to use
    dash-style-names instead of loCamelCase, in order to have a
    consistent IETF style.

3.  /ipfix/collectingProcess/exportingProcess is a leafref to
    /ipfix/exportingProcess/name.  exportingProcess is optional based
    on the 'exporter' feature.  Maybe
    /ipfix/collectingProcess/exportingProcess also should have
    "if-feature exporter;"?

4.  Ditto for /ipfix/collectingProcess/exportingProcess.

5.  In the when expressions, identityref values should have a prefix.
    E.g. 
       when "../cacheMode != 'immediate'" {
    should be
       when "../cacheMode != 'ipfix:immediate'" {

    (this is actually not clear from the YANG spec...)

6.  The leaf ipfixVersion in grouping commonExporterParameters and
    grouping fileWriterParameters uses a default value of "10".  These
    leafs should probably have a reference statement.

/martin
_______________________________________________
netmod mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/netmod

---

From: Juergen Schoenwaelder <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 10 Aug 2010 08:26:53 +0200

On Tue, Aug 10, 2010 at 12:09:54AM +0200, Andy Bierman wrote:
> Hi,
> 
> It is a big deal to change all the camelNames to dashed- names .

Its going to become a mess if we have no common coding rules.

> The new dashes are not consistent with SMI names.

This can be considered a feature. Anyway, we have settled on the
writing style for the YANG keywords and the core modules a long time
ago. I see little value to go back reiterating the discussion.

/js

-- 
Juergen Schoenwaelder           Jacobs University Bremen gGmbH
Phone: +49 421 200 3587         Campus Ring 1, 28759 Bremen, Germany
Fax:   +49 421 200 3103         <http://www.jacobs-university.de/>