Subject: [netmod] FW: COMMENT: <draft-ietf-netmod-arch-09.txt>

From: "Romascanu, Dan (Dan)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 23 Sep 2010 13:43:04 +0200

Phil,

Please address the issues raised by Alexey's document. 

Dan

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of
Alexey Melnikov
Sent: Thursday, September 23, 2010 1:35 PM
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]; [email-masked]
Subject: COMMENT: <draft-ietf-netmod-arch-09.txt>

Comment:
This is a fine document, but I think it can be improved by inserting
various Informative references, in particular:

2.2.1.  Constraints

The reference to XPath is missing.

2.2.3.  Extensibility Model

   The <no-neighbor-down-notification> element is then placed in the
   vendorx namespace:

       <ospf xmlns="http://example.org/netconf/ospf">

         <area>
           <name>0.0.0.0</name>

           <interface>
             <name>ge-0/0/0.0</name>
             <priority>30</priority>
             <vendorx:no-neighbor-down-notification/>
           </interface>

         </area>
       </ospf>

I think the example is incomplete, as it is missing the "vendorx"
namespace definition.

3.2.  Addressing Operator Requirements

   o  Full coverage: YANG modules can be defined that give full coverage
      to all the native abilities of the device.  Giving this access
      avoids the need to resort to the command line interface (CLI)
      using tools such as Expect.

I happen to know what Expect is, but maybe this needs an Informative
Reference?

   o  Internationalization: YANG uses UTF-8 encoded unicode characters.

This needs an Informative reference to RFC that defines UTF-8.

 o  Security: NETCONF runs over transport protocols secured by SSH or
      TLS, allowing secure communications and authentication using well-
      trusted technology.  The secure transport can use existing key and
      credential management infrastructure, reducing deployment costs.

SSH and TLS need Informative references (actually they were referenced
earlier in the document).