Subject: [netmod] Document Action: 'An Architecture for Network Management using NETCONF and YANG' to Informational RFC

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 27 Sep 2010 11:43:55 -0700 (PDT)

The IESG has approved the following document:

- 'An Architecture for Network Management using NETCONF and YANG '
   <draft-ietf-netmod-arch-10.txt> as an Informational RFC

This document is the product of the NETCONF Data Modeling Language Working Group. 

The IESG contact persons are Dan Romascanu and Ron Bonica.

A URL of this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-netmod-arch-10.txt

Technical Summary

   NETCONF gives access to native capabilities of the devices within a
   network, defining methods for manipulating configuration databases,
   retrieving operational data, and invoking specific operations.  YANG
   provides the means to define the content carried via NETCONF, both
   data and operations.  Using both technologies, standard modules can
   be defined to give interoperability and commonality to devices, while
   still allowing devices to express their unique capabilities.

   This document describes how NETCONF and YANG help build network
   management applications that meet the needs of network operators.

Working Group Summary

      This document represents strong consensus of the
      working group after intense work over the last 18 months.
      This document has been worked through very carefully
      by all key players in the working group.

Document Quality

  This document has been worked through very carefully
  by all key players in the working group.

Personnel

   David Partain is the Document Shepherd. Dan Romascanu is the
   Responsible Area Director.