Subject: [netmod] Protocol Action: 'Mapping YANG to Document Schema Definition Languages and Validating NETCONF Content' to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 25 Oct 2010 09:33:19 -0700 (PDT)

The IESG has approved the following document:

- 'Mapping YANG to Document Schema Definition Languages and Validating 
   NETCONF Content '
   <draft-ietf-netmod-dsdl-map-10.txt> as a Proposed Standard

This document is the product of the NETCONF Data Modeling Language Working Group. 

The IESG contact persons are Dan Romascanu and Ron Bonica.

A URL of this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-netmod-dsdl-map-10.txt

Technical Summary

   This document specifies the mapping rules for translating YANG data
   models into Document Schema Definition Languages (DSDL), a
   coordinated set of XML schema languages standardized as ISO/IEC
   19757.  The following DSDL schema languages are addressed by the
   mapping: RELAX NG, Schematron and DSRL.  The mapping takes one or
   more YANG modules and produces a set of DSDL schemas for a selected
   target document type - datastore content, NETCONF message etc.
   Procedures for schema-based validation of such documents are also
   discussed.

Working Group Summary

   Consensus was reached among all interested parties before
   requesting the publication of this document.

Document Quality

  There is a publicly-available implementation of the
  mapping rules available.  The development of this tool
  has been done in parallel with writing the document,
  so the document reflects the running code. 

Personnel

   David Partain is the Document Shepherd for this document.  
   Dan Romascanu is the Responsible Area Director.