Subject: [netmod] Document Action: 'Guidelines for Authors and Reviewers of YANG Data Model Documents' to Informational RFC

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 5 Oct 2010 09:51:38 -0700 (PDT)

The IESG has approved the following document:
- 'Guidelines for Authors and Reviewers of YANG Data Model Documents'
  <draft-ietf-netmod-yang-usage-11.txt> as an Informational RFC

This document is the product of the NETCONF Data Modeling Language
Working Group.

The IESG contact persons are Dan Romascanu and Ron Bonica.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-netmod-yang-usage/

Technical Summary

   This memo provides guidelines for authors and reviewers of standards
   track specifications containing YANG data model modules.  Applicable
   portions may be used as a basis for reviews of other YANG data model
   documents.  Recommendations and procedures are defined, which are
   intended to increase interoperability and usability of Network
   Configuration Protocol (NETCONF) implementations which utilize YANG
   data model modules.

Working Group Summary

   Consensus was reached among all interested parties before 
   requesting the publication of this document.

Document Quality

   Multiple implementers of YANG and those who write
   models using YANG have reviewed the document.

Personnel

   David Partain is the Document Shepherd for this document?  
   Dan Romascanu is the Responsible Area Director.

RFC Editor Note

1. In Section 3.4: 

OLD: 

   This section MUST be patterned after the latest approved
   template (available at
   http://www.ops.ietf.org/netconf/yang-security-considerations.txt).

NEW: 

   This section MUST be patterned after the latest approved
   template (available at
   http://www.ops.ietf.org/netconf/yang-security-considerations.txt).
   Section 6.1 contains the security considerations template dated 
   2010-06-16.  Authors MUST check the WEB page at the URL listed above 
   in case there is a more recent version available.

2. In Section 3.5:

OLD: 

   In order to comply with IESG policy as set forth in
   http://www.ietf.org/ID-Checklist.html, every Internet-Draft that is
   submitted to the IESG for publication which has action items for IANA
   MUST contain an IANA Considerations section.  The requirements for
   this section vary depending what actions are required of the IANA.
   If there are no IANA considerations applicable to the document, then
   the IANA Considerations section is not required.  Refer to the
   guidelines in [RFC5226] for more details.

NEW: 

   In order to comply with IESG policy as set forth in
   http://www.ietf.org/ID-Checklist.html, every Internet-Draft that is
   submitted to the IESG for publication which has action items for IANA
   MUST contain an IANA Considerations section.  The requirements for
   this section vary depending what actions are required of the IANA.
   If there are no IANA considerations applicable to the document, then
   the IANA Considerations section is not required and is removed by 
   the RFC Editor before publication.  Refer to then guidelines in
   [RFC5226] for more details.

3. In section 'Appendix A. Module Review Checklist', add to bullet item 4:

 The Ops & Mgmt Area Director is investigating whether a better location
on the main IETF website for the following url:

 http://www.ops.ietf.org/netconf/yang-security-considerations.txt

 can be found. Please check prior to publication whether a replacement 
location has been found.