Subject: [netmod] NETMOD re-chartering approved for external review

From: "Romascanu, Dan (Dan)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 7 Oct 2010 18:52:00 +0200

The IESG approved today sending the new NETMOD charter for external (all
IETF) review pending edits. 

The edit that the IETF required was related to item:

3. Core routing data model that can be augmented with routing
   protocol specifics. This requires appropriate support from
   routing experts.

Adrian Farrel - Routing AD asked for clarification of the required
support. If the WG believes that a routing expert should be a co-editor
of the document the charter should say it. Early review and WGLC reviews
from the routing area could also be mentioned explicitly. 

I know other charter aspects are being discussed on the list. I would
urge the WG to finalize discussions and agree on a text that can be sent
for wider discussion to all the IETF as soon as possible.  The latest a
revised text should be sent for external review (which lasts a week) is
next Thursday 7/14. Earlier is better. Not all details need to be caught
in the charter text. 

Thanks and Regards,

Dan