Subject: [netmod] FW: New Version Notification for draft-huang-netmod-acl-03.txt

From: "Lisa Huang (yihuan)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 5 Sep 2013 06:24:06 +0000

Hi,

This is a new version of Stateless Packet Filter(a.k.a. ACL) Yang model
I-D. We updated the draft according to the feedback from the meeting.

The change summary is as follows:

1. In IETF 86 meeting, a proposal was made to change ACL to stateless
packet filter. In this version, we changed the I-D title to ³A YANG Data
Model for Stateless Packet Filter Configuration² and also made
corresponding changes in models, terminology, and descriptions.
2. This new version also provided explanations of relationship between
Stateless Packet Filter and Access Control List. The sets of rules of
Stateless Packet Filter are sometimes also referred to as "Access Control
Lists" (ACL). In the draft, SPF, stateless-pf and ACL are interchangeably,
as well as the terms Packet Filter Entry (PFE) and ACE.
3. A section is added to explain how to attach SPFs to interfaces.
Attaching an SPF to an interface is outside the scope of this model as it
depends on the specifics of the system model that is being applied.
However, this I-D provides the possible general design pattern. For
example, to attach an SPF to an interface as defined per the data model
[if-config], the following steps can be applied:
	a. Introduce a new YANG module to extend the interface configuration YANG
module.
	b. Import modules "interfaces" [if-config] (prefix: "if") and
"stateless-pf" (prefix: "spf").
	c. Augment list "interface" (/if:interfaces/if:interface) with a
leaf-list of type "spf:spf-ref".

Thanks,

--Lisa
(On behalf of Alex and Andy)

On 9/4/13 10:03 PM, "[email-masked]" <[email-masked]>
wrote:

>
>A new version of I-D, draft-huang-netmod-acl-03.txt
>has been successfully submitted by Lisa Huang and posted to the
>IETF repository.
>
>Filename:	 draft-huang-netmod-acl
>Revision:	 03
>Title:		 YANG Data Model for Stateless Packet Filter Configuration
>Creation date:	 2013-09-04
>Group:		 Individual Submission
>Number of pages: 81
>URL:             
>http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-huang-netmod-acl-03.txt
>Status:          http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-huang-netmod-acl
>Htmlized:        http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-huang-netmod-acl-03
>Diff:            
>http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-huang-netmod-acl-03
>
>Abstract:
>   A Stateless Packet Filter (SPF) determines which packets are allowed
>   to transit a system according to a set of rules, applying special
>   actions to packets as necessary.  This document defines a YANG data
>   model for the configuration of Stateless Packet Filters on a device.
>
>                  
>        
>
>
>Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of
>submission
>until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.
>
>The IETF Secretariat
>