Subject: [netmod] Fwd: Re: Multiple revisions of the same YAM in schema mount

From: Balazs Lengyel <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 20 Sep 2018 16:21:46 +0200

What does the group think about this?

regards Balazs

-------- Forwarded Message --------

Subject:

Re: Multiple revisions of the same YAM in schema mount

Date:

Wed, 19 Sep 2018 09:42:16 +0200

From:

Balazs Lengyel <[email-masked]>

To:

Martin Bjorklund <[email-masked]>

CC:

[email-masked]

On 9/19/2018 9:29 AM, Martin Bjorklund wrote:

Balazs Lengyel
<[email-masked]> wrote:

On 9/18/2018 10:31 PM, Martin Bjorklund
wrote:

Balazs Lengyel
<[email-masked]> wrote:

Hello,

In RFC7950 there is a sentence:

A server MUST NOT implement more than one revision of a
module.

Considering this is it allowed to mount different versions
of a

virtual router on the same YANG server involving different
revisions

of the same YAM?

platform

- mounted-vRouter-ver1

- mounted-vRouter-ver12

Yes, that's more or less inevitable.

/martin

It might be inevitable, but as I see it, it is expressively
forbidden

by YANG. Should we do something about it?

The server advertises which modules it implements in the yang

library. There can not be any module version conflicts here.

With schema mount, the server's "data model schema" is divded
into

several disjoint "schema", where each mounted schema is in its
own

"mount jail". Within each such "mount jail", there can only be
one

implemented version of a module.

/martin

BALAZS: I can agree with that, but I did not find text about this
in the schema-mount draft. Sorry if I missed it. On the other hand
RFC7950 is very explicit.

regards Balazs

--
Balazs Lengyel Ericsson Hungary Ltd.
Senior Specialist
Mobile: +36-70-330-7909 email: [email-masked]