Subject: [netmod] draft-ietf-netmod-rfc6991-bis: Comment on node-instance-identifier

From: Robert Wilton <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 30 Sep 2019 15:17:25 +0100

Hi Juergen,

Should the "node-instance-identify" type specify how the path "/" is 
treated?

I noted that in rfc8341, the behavior for "/" is described in the leaf 
"path" description rather than in the type definition, but I was 
thinking that it might be better if this behaviour was specified as part 
of the typedef.

Snippet from RFC8341:

              case data-node {
                leaf path {
                  type node-instance-identifier;
                  mandatory true;
                  description
                    "Data node instance-identifier associated with the
                     data node, action, or notification controlled by
                     this rule.

                     Configuration data or state data
                     instance-identifiers start with a top-level
                     data node.  A complete instance-identifier is
                     required for this type of path value.

                     The special value '/' refers to all possible
                     datastore contents.";
                }
              }

Thanks,
Rob