Subject: Re: [netmod] NETMOD Versioning virtual interim #2 - Week of Feb 1, 2021 - poll for attendees

From: "Sterne, Jason (Nokia - CA/Ottawa)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 5 Jan 2021 15:26:12 +0000

Hello WG,

In our weekly YANG Versioning call today we decided that we should tackle the meaning of BC vs NBC for config false nodes in the Feb virtual interim.

We're also unlikely to get through all of the topics below so the updated agenda of topics is as follows:

T1) Definition/meaning of BC vs NBC for config false nodes
https://github.com/netmod-wg/yang-ver-dt/issues/15

T2) IANA considerations: how are final RFC revision labels assigned ?
https://github.com/netmod-wg/yang-ver-dt/issues/59

T3) YANG file naming when revision labels are being used (symbolic links? @<revision-label>) ?

T4) SemVer: gaps in history, removing revision statements
https://github.com/netmod-wg/yang-ver-dt/issues/61

Please indicate your availability on the doodle poll (link below).

Rgds,
Jason

From: netmod <[email-masked]> On Behalf Of Sterne, Jason (Nokia - CA/Ottawa)
Sent: Thursday, December 17, 2020 6:12 PM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [netmod] NETMOD Versioning virtual interim #2 - Week of Feb 1, 2021 - poll for attendees

Hi all,

The first Virtual Interim for YANG Versioning topics was quite useful. Thanks to all who attended and helped prepare.

We're going to hold a second interim in the first week of February.

### YOUR RESPONSE REQUESTED ###
Please fill in the doodle poll with what days in the Feb 1-4 range you could arrange your schedule to attend.
- If you will, or even *may* attend, then please fill in the doodle poll
- if you don't intend to attend, then please do not fill in the doodle poll
https://doodle.com/poll/b5uveesppy8sf6rm

The focus of versioning interim #2 is likely the following topics (we may not get through all of them):

1) IANA considerations: how are final RFC revision labels assigned ?
https://github.com/netmod-wg/yang-ver-dt/issues/59

2) YANG file naming when revision labels are being used (symbolic links? @<revision-label>) ?

3) SemVer: mandatory for IETF ?
https://github.com/netmod-wg/yang-ver-dt/issues/45

4) SemVer: initial revision label for drafts and RFC updates
https://github.com/netmod-wg/yang-ver-dt/issues/60

5) SemVer: gaps in history, removing revision statements
https://github.com/netmod-wg/yang-ver-dt/issues/61

Topics 1 and 2 are related to YANG module versioning:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-netmod-yang-module-versioning/

Topics 3-5 are related to the Semver draft:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-netmod-yang-semver

As before, we will send materials before the meeting.

Rgds,
Jason