Subject: [netmod] Roman Danyliw's Discuss on draft-ietf-netmod-geo-location-08: (with DISCUSS and COMMENT)

From: Roman Danyliw via Datatracker <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 18 May 2021 15:09:31 -0700

Roman Danyliw has entered the following ballot position for
draft-ietf-netmod-geo-location-08: Discuss

When responding, please keep the subject line intact and reply to all
email addresses included in the To and CC lines. (Feel free to cut this
introductory paragraph, however.)

Please refer to https://www.ietf.org/iesg/statement/discuss-criteria.html
for more information about DISCUSS and COMMENT positions.

The document, along with other ballot positions, can be found here:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-netmod-geo-location/

----------------------------------------------------------------------
DISCUSS:
----------------------------------------------------------------------

** Section 3.  leaf astronomical-body.  The content of this field appears to be
"An astronomical body as named by the International Astronomical Union (IAU) or
according to the alternate                system if specified."  What’s the
normative reference to the IAU’s list of astronomical bodies.  Listed here is
“https://www.iau.org” which is an unstable reference to a website with changing
content.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
COMMENT:
----------------------------------------------------------------------

Thank you to Stefan Santesson for the SECDIR review.

** Section 6.1.  Should the constraining pattern “[ -@\[-\^_-~]*” and
associated text from leaf geodetic-datum be used to guide the acceptable values
of the 'name' column?

---

From: Christian Hopps <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 26 May 2021 17:48:55 -0400

I have none.

Well the pattern allows more than the SHOULD and MUSTs in the IANA section, in order to not be overly restrictive on users.