Subject: [netmod] Module updating rules (adding actions)

From: Jernej Tuljak <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 3 May 2021 14:26:41 +0200

Hi,

while re-reading RFC7950, Section 11, I noticed that adding an "action" 
to an existing "container" or "list" does not appear to be among the 
permitted changes while updating a module to a newer revision.

Seems like an unintentional omission in text?

OLD:

    o  New typedefs, groupings, rpcs, notifications, extensions,
       features, and identities may be added.

NEW:

    o  New typedefs, groupings, rpcs, actions, notifications,
       extensions, features, and identities may be added.

Jernej

---

From: Martin Björklund <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 03 May 2021 14:33:20 +0200 (CEST)

Jernej Tuljak <[email-masked]> wrote:
> Hi,
> 
> while re-reading RFC7950, Section 11, I noticed that adding an
> "action" to an existing "container" or "list" does not appear to be
> among the permitted changes while updating a module to a newer
> revision.
> 

Yes!

FWIW, pyang --check-update allows adding actions.

/martin

> _______________________________________________
> netmod mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/netmod

---

From: Jernej Tuljak <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 3 May 2021 16:52:50 +0200

>> Seems like an unintentional omission in text?

Should I post a technical errata for this?

Jernej

---

From: Kent Watsen <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 4 May 2021 10:47:54 +0000

Hi Jernej,

> Should I post a technical errata for this?

Yes, please do - thanks!

K.