Subject: [netmod] YANG Versioning Weekly Call Minutes - 2021-05-04

From: "Sterne, Jason (Nokia - CA/Ottawa)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 6 May 2021 14:40:05 +0000

YANG Versioning Weekly Call Minutes - 2021-05-04

- continue IETF issues
- continue with GitHub issues
- Jason's comments on Module Versioning

IETF 110 Minutes/Feedback on Module Versioning slides

Slide 7 (when to add rev:nbc-changes tag)
- note that there are 2 slightly different discussions we were having:
1) the YANG Semver text: we converged on that
2) module versioning: when can you add the nbc-changes

When Semver is being used, then nbc-changes extension should be aligned with changes to the Semver major digit

The SHOULD NOT wording is acceptable.
- illustrate examples (non exhaustive/limiting) of when it might be done
- e.g. state expanding a range
- it isn't 100% clear how much impact a change has (even though strictly it is BC)
Jason - take a stab at wording

Slide 8:
Issue 80 -> rename the extension
Reshad to update the draft & close the github issue

Action for all: take a look at Jason's review comments (email sent)

Reshad: pull whitespace, etc changes into an official draft

----------------------------------------------
Weekly webex call details:
Meeting number (access code): 171 069 0374
Meeting password: semver?
Occurs every Tuesday effective Tuesday, September 1, 2020 until Tuesday, August 24, 2021 from 9:00 AM to 10:00 AM, (UTC-04:00) Eastern Time (US & Canada)
9:00 am  |  (UTC-04:00) Eastern Time (US & Canada)  |  1 hr
https://ietf.webex.com/ietf/j.php?MTID=ma7627a2ae7b770537cff5f5b89293c70
Tap to join from a mobile device (attendees only)
+1-650-479-3208,,1710690374## Call-in toll number (US/Canada)