Subject: [netmod] I-D Action: draft-ietf-netmod-node-tags-05.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 10 Feb 2022 04:52:09 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Network Modeling WG of the IETF.

        Title           : Self-Describing Data Object Tags
        Authors         : Qin Wu
                          Benoit Claise
                          Peng Liu
                          Zongpeng Du
                          Mohamed Boucadair
	Filename        : draft-ietf-netmod-node-tags-05.txt
	Pages           : 30
	Date            : 2022-02-10

Abstract:
   This document defines a method to tag data objects associated with
   operation and management data in YANG modules.  The expectation is
   for this YANG data object tagging method to be used to classify data
   objects from different YANG modules and identify their
   characteristics data.  Tags may be registered as well as assigned
   during the module definition, assigned by implementations, or
   dynamically defined and set by users.  This document also provides
   guidance to future model writers; as such, this document updates RFC
   8407.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-netmod-node-tags/

There is also an htmlized version available at:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-netmod-node-tags-05

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-netmod-node-tags-05

Internet-Drafts are also available by rsync at rsync.ietf.org::internet-drafts

---

From: Qin Wu <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 10 Feb 2022 12:59:07 +0000

Hi, folks:
v-05 is posted, which address recent review from YANG Doctor Directorate and Adrian, thanks Adrian and Mahesh for valuable input and suggestions.
The main changes are:
   *  Add user tag formatting clarification;
   *  Provide guidance to the Designated Expert for evaluation of YANG
      Data Object Tag registry and YANG Data Object Tag prefix registry.
   *  Update the figure 1 and figure 2 with additional tags.
   *  Security section enhancement for user tag management.
   *  Change data object name into name in the module.
   *  Other Editorial changes to address Adrian's comments and comments
      during YANG doctor review.
One open issue is waiting for being confirmed, i.e.,
Are there any risks associated with an attacker adding or removing tags so that a requester gets the wrong data?
Related security measures text has been integrated in v05.

The diff is: https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-netmod-node-tags-05

Comments and additional review are welcome!

-Qin
-----邮件原件-----
发件人: netmod [mailto:[email-masked]] 代表 [email-masked]
发送时间: 2022年2月10日 20:52
收件人: [email-masked]
抄送: [email-masked]
主题: [netmod] I-D Action: draft-ietf-netmod-node-tags-05.txt

Abstract:

_______________________________________________
netmod mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/netmod