Subject: [netmod] RFC 9179 on A YANG Grouping for Geographic Locations

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 11 Feb 2022 12:59:49 -0800 (PST)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 9179

        Title:      A YANG Grouping for Geographic Locations 
        Author:     C. Hopps
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       February 2022
        Mailbox:    [email-masked]
        Pages:      22
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-netmod-geo-location-11.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc9179

        DOI:        10.17487/RFC9179

This document defines a generic geographical location YANG grouping.
The geographical location grouping is intended to be used in YANG
data models for specifying a location on or in reference to Earth or
any other astronomical object.

This document is a product of the Network Modeling Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet Standards Track
protocol for the Internet community, and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Official
Internet Protocol Standards (https://www.rfc-editor.org/standards) for the 
standardization state and status of this protocol.  Distribution of this 
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/retrieve/bulk

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC