Subject: [New-wg-docs] I-D Action: draft-ietf-v6ops-464xlat-optimization-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 14 Jan 2020 10:27:59 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the IPv6 Operations WG of the IETF.

        Title           : 464XLAT/NAT64 Optimization
        Authors         : Jordi Palet Martinez
                          Alejandro D'Egidio
	Filename        : draft-ietf-v6ops-464xlat-optimization-00.txt
	Pages           : 18
	Date            : 2020-01-14

Abstract:
   This document proposes possible solutions to avoid certain drawbacks
   of IP/ICMP Translation Algorithm (SIIT) when the destinations are
   already available with IPv6.  When SIIT is used as a stateless NAT46
   and IPv4-only devices or applications initiate traffic flows to dual-
   stack services (in the operator network or Internet), those flows
   will be translated back to IPv4 by a NAT64.  Avoiding this dual-
   translation will significantly reduce the usage of the NAT64 and the
   relevant logging, which may be a high impact when traffic flows are
   towards CDNs, caches or similar resources.  This is the case for
   464XLAT and MAP-T.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-v6ops-464xlat-optimization/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-v6ops-464xlat-optimization-00
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-v6ops-464xlat-optimization-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/