Subject: [New-wg-docs] I-D Action: draft-ietf-bess-bgp-multicast-controller-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 26 Jan 2020 04:20:37 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the BGP Enabled ServiceS WG of the IETF.

        Title           : Controller Based BGP Multicast Signaling
        Authors         : Zhaohui Zhang
                          Robert Raszuk
                          Dante Pacella
                          Arkadiy Gulko
	Filename        : draft-ietf-bess-bgp-multicast-controller-00.txt
	Pages           : 12
	Date            : 2020-01-24

Abstract:
   This document specifies a way that one or more centralized
   controllers can use BGP to set up a multicast distribution tree in a
   network.  In the case of labeled tree, the labels are assigned by the
   controllers either from the controllers' local label spaces, or from
   a common Segment Routing Global Block (SRGB), or from each routers
   Segment Routing Local Block (SRLB) that the controllers learn.  In
   case of labeled unidirectional tree and label allocation from the
   common SRGB or from the controllers' local spaces, a single common
   label can be used for all routers on the tree to send and receive
   traffic with.  Since the controllers calculate the trees, they can
   use sophisticated algorithms and constraints to achieve traffic
   engineering.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-bess-bgp-multicast-controller/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-bess-bgp-multicast-controller-00
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-bess-bgp-multicast-controller-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/