Subject: [nmrg] Agenda for Zurich
From: "J.P. Martin-Flatin" <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 19 Aug 1999 14:54:44 +0200

I was asked the agenda of our 4th NMRG Meeting in Zurich by the people
arranging the administrative paperwork at ETH Zurich. As there was no
time to discuss this on the list, I sent them this provisional agenda:

Title:
  4th IRTF NMRG Meeting

Duration:
  2 days (Oct 14-15, 1999), 9am-7pm

Host:
  Burkhard Stiller, TIK, ETH Zurich
  http://www.tik.ee.ethz.ch/~stiller/

Chair:
  Juergen Schoenwaelder, TU Braunschweig
  http://www.ibr.cs.tu-bs.de/~schoenw/

Goals of the IRTF NMRG:
  http://www.irtf.org/charters/management.htm

Goals of this meeting:
  - coding experience with SNMP over TCP (by BJVB)
  - finalize the "SNMP-over-TCP Transport Mapping" specification
  - work on the GET-SUBTREE MIB
  - agree on a scheme for compression
  - work on the SNMP-COMPRESSION MIB
  - progress report on SMIng (by JS)
  - progress report on Web-based management (by JPMF)
  - discuss about JMX

We still have plenty of time to change it, if need be.

Note that a TPC meeting for NOMS 2000 will be held on Oct 14, so
Juergen, Aiko and I will probably miss part of that day. As a result,
please don't plan to leave too early on Friday 15, so that we get a
chance to spend a reasonable amount of time all together!

Jean-Philippe

____________________________________________________________________
Jean-Philippe Martin-Flatin, EPFL-DI-ICA, 1015 Lausanne, Switzerland
Email: [email-masked]                   Fax: +41-21-693-66-10
Web: http://icawww.epfl.ch/~jpmf/

From: "J.P. Martin-Flatin" <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
cc: [email-masked]
Reply-To: [email-masked]
Subject: [nmrg] 4th NMRG Meeting
Date: Mon, 16 Aug 1999 20:36:25 +0200
Sender: [email-masked]

The 4th NMRG Meeting will be held at ETH Zurich, Switzerland on October
14-15, just after DSOM'99. More details to come nearer the date. You're
all invited to attend. We'll define the agenda in early October.

J.P.

____________________________________________________________________
Jean-Philippe Martin-Flatin, EPFL-DI-ICA, 1015 Lausanne, Switzerland
Email: [email-masked]                   Fax: +41-21-693-66-10
Web: http://icawww.epfl.ch/~jpmf/

Date: Fri, 13 Aug 1999 11:59:46 +0200
From: Juergen Schoenwaelder <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
CC: [email-masked]
Subject: Re: [nmrg] GET-SUBTREE-MIB
Sender: [email-masked]

>>>>> Dave Thaler writes:

Dave> I brought this up on Sunday, and we decided that it needed more
Dave> thought/discussion, so to generate some discussion, here's a
Dave> strawman MIB which would allow get-subtree operations without
Dave> changing SNMP.

Dave, I hoped to follow up on this earlier but I did not find time to
write down some substantial comments so far. Anyway, I do appreciate
that you wrote down a strawman MIB proposal and I think it deserves
some review/discussion. I am also late with the updates for the other
three bulk transfer documents - sorry for that.

I am on vacation the next two weeks and this most likely means that
you will not hear anything from me 'til the beginning of September.
Anyway, I will follow up on the bulk data transfer stuff and the MIB
when I am back at work in September. Of course, this message does not
mean that you should not have any discussions on this list while I am
away - quite the opposite.

I am just saying that we should be prepared to get more active again
in September (if not earlier) and hopefully we can get to conclusion
with some of the proposals.
							Juergen
-- 
Juergen Schoenwaelder  [email-masked] http://www.cs.tu-bs.de/~schoenw
Technical University Braunschweig, Dept. Operating Systems & Computer Networks
Bueltenweg 74/75, 38106 Braunschweig, Germany.        (Tel. +49 531 / 391 3289)