Subject: Re: [nmrg] [IRSG] RG status reports
From: Juergen Schoenwaelder <[email-masked]>
To: Aaron Falk <[email-masked]>
Cc: Internet Research Steering Group <[email-masked]>, [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 20 Mar 2010 12:06:48 +0100
List-Id: Network Management Research Group <nmrg.ibr.cs.tu-bs.de>

On Fri, Mar 19, 2010 at 05:17:10PM +0100, Aaron Falk wrote:
 
> Please send a short status update on your RG for inclusion in my plenary
> report by Weds lunchtime.

Aaron,

it has been pretty quiet around the NMRG but there might be reasons
for this to change in 2010. Anyway, here is a writeup where I think
the NMRG stands at the moment.

NMRG report March 2010:

[1] There has been a proposal to organize the 3rd NetFlow / IPFIX
    workshop as the 26th NMRG meeting at the 78th IETF meeting
    Maastricht (likely on Friday).

[2] There was some interaction between the NMRG and the DTNRG
    concerning a management protocol for DTNs, tentatively called
    DING. Since DING borrows ideas from SNMP and is supposed to
    interface with SNMP, it makes sense to collaborate or at least
    provide review assistance.

[3] There has been some discussion of SNMP's role in the context of
    the 6lowpan/roll/core working groups. Since the IETF is heading
    towards a complete new REST protocol for these environments, it
    might make sense to look at how existing management protocols fit
    the picture as part of the NMRG.

[4] The NMRG is still looking for new chairs / co-chairs.

/js

-- 
Juergen Schoenwaelder           Jacobs University Bremen gGmbH
Phone: +49 421 200 3587         Campus Ring 1, 28759 Bremen, Germany
Fax:   +49 421 200 3103         <http://www.jacobs-university.de/>