Subject: [nmrg] Call for Participation: [ITC 32] 32nd International Teletraffic Congress - ONE WEEK before the Congress

From: Kohei Shiomoto <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 16 Sep 2020 08:23:41 +0900

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Please accept our apologies for potential cross-postings.
--------------------------------------------------------------------
ONE WEEK before the Congress
*** Call for Participation ***
International Teletraffic Congress ITC 32
**Teletraffic in the era of beyond-5G and AI**

https://itc32.org/
Sep. 22-24, 2020
Virtual event
--------------------------------------------------------------------
Changes due to the COVID-19 pandemic
* The congress will be held virtually.
* For detailed information see https://itc32.org/
--------------------------------------------------------------------

Technically co-sponsored by IEEE, IEEE ComSoc and IEICE
All accepted & presented papers will be submitted for publication in
IEEE Xplore

The 32nd International Teletraffic Congress (ITC 32), initially planned
on September 22-24, 2020 at Osaka University, Japan, will be held as a
virtual event. At ITC 32, cutting-edge papers spanning both theory and
experimentation are presented in all areas of networking, ranging from
traffic engineering and control with application also to emerging
softwarized/virtualized network paradigms, up to innovative wireless
scenarios brought about by the emergence of 5G and IoT systems,
embedding AI technologies, reflected in the theme of the congress:
Teletraffic in the era of beyond-5G and AI.
**********************
**PROGRAM HIGHLIGHTS**
**********************

FOUR KEYNOTES
-------------
Keynote 1: "A Stochastic Model of an Infectious Disease"
Speaker: Hisashi Kobayashi (Princeton University, U.S.A.)

Keynote 2: "Bitcoin Mining Mechanism: From a Queueing Theory Perspective"
Speaker: Shoji Kasahara (Nara Institute of Science and Technology, Japan)

Keynote 3: "Self-evolving zero-touch network operation beyond 5G with AI
and user engagement"
Speaker: Masakatsu Fujiwara (NTT Network Technology Laboratories, Japan)

Keynote 4: "From the Internet of Information to the Internet of
Intelligence"
Speaker: Richard Yu (Carleton University, Canada)

SPECIAL SESSIONS
----------------
Special Session 1: Modeling Challenges in the Emerging Internet
Applications"
Organizer: Phuoc Tran-Gia (University of Würzburg, Germany)
Speakers: Onno Boxma(Eindhoven University of Technology, The
Netherlands), John Daigle (University of Mississippi, USA), Franco
Davoli (University of Genoa, Italy), Nikhil Jain (Qualcomm, USA)

Special Session 2: 6G/AI Organizers: Merouane Debbah (CentraleSupélec,
France) and Alessio Zappone (University of Cassino and Southern Lazio Italy)
Speakers: Honggang Zhang (Zhejiang University, China), Tony Quek
(Singapore University of Technology and Design, Singapore)

TECHNICAL SESSIONS
------------------
- Performance Analysis and Modeling
- Wireless Networks, 5G, and IoT
- Network Monitoring and Anomaly Detection
- Scheduling and Dispatching Mechanisms
TUTORIAL
--------
Tutorial: "Machine Learning for/in Wireless Networks"
Speakers: Koji Yamamoto and Takayuki Nishio (Kyoto University, Japan)

PHD WORKSHOP
------------

During the congress, the International Advisory Boad (IAC) will hand
over their awards, namely: IAC AWARDS
---------- Arne Jensen Lifetime Achievement Award
Recipient: Prof. Hiroshi Saito, for his outstanding contribution to
traffic modelling

Rising Scholar Award
Recipient: Dr. Zhiyuan Jiang, for his outstanding contribution to modelling

A best Paper Award will be announced at the closing Session of ITC 32.

**REGISTRATION**
Registration for ITC 32 is now open. To complete the registration
procedure, follow these 2 steps:
- Register online or fill in the form and send it to ITC 32 local chairs.
- Pay the conference fee either by online payment or by bank transfer.
Registration details are available at https://itc32.org/registration.html

For any question, do not hesitate to contact the conference organization
at [email-masked].
We are looking forward to virtually meet you at ITC 32.
General Chairs
Masayuki Murata (Osaka University, Japan),
Kohei Shiomoto (Tokyo City University, Japan)

TPC Chairs
Yuming Jiang (NTNU, Norway),
Hideyuki Shimonishi (NEC, Japan),
Kenji Leibnitz (NICT, Japan)

International Advisory Council Chair
Michela Meo (Politecnico di Torino, Italy)

*******
Website: https://itc32.org/