Subject: [nmrg] Call for Papers/ IEEE Communications Magazine /Network Softwarization and Management Series

From: Kohei Shiomoto <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 7 Sep 2020 17:47:57 +0900

[Apologies if you are getting multiple copies of this call]

=====================================================================================
Call for Papers
IEEE Communications Magazine
Impact Factor 2019-2020 11.052
<https://ieeexplore.ieee.org/xpl/RecentIssue.jsp?punumber=35>

Network Softwarization and Management Series

=====================================================================================

This series focuses on softwarization, management, and their integration
in communication networks and their services. “Network softwarization”
advocates for architectures that separate the software implementing
network functions, protocols and services from the hardware running
them. Propelled by the maturity of technologies like network function
virtualization and software-defined networking, softwarization is radically
changing the way communication infrastructures are designed and operated
enabling rapid and innovative service creation. “Network management“ is
about administering networks and supporting their operations. It aims to
integrate fault, configuration, accounting, performance and security
management in the network; to leverage the self-management, automation
and autonomic capabilities of networks, and to move from a “managed
object” paradigm to a “management by objective” one.

The key role that software and management are increasingly playing in
telecommunications is enabling unprecedented levels of abstraction,
disaggregation, operation, integration, and programmability in network
infrastructures and services. This Series publishes in-depth,
cutting-edge, articles on state-
of-the-art technologies and solutions bringing together the latest
advances, innovations, open-source
projects, case studies, research, and development in Network
Softwarization and Management.
Authors are invited to submit manuscripts in all topics within the scope
of this Series including, but not limited to, the following:

Main Paradigms and Systems for Network Softwarization and Management
- Management of softwarized networks. - Softwarization of network
management.
- Network Operations and Automation, Autonomic and Self-management,
Zero-Configuration Networking, Self-Driving Networking, Intent-based
management, AI-assisted softwarization and management.

Architectures and Methodologies
- Software-Defined Networking, Network Function Virtualization, Service
Function Chaining.
- Network Slicing, Edge/Cloud-native Networking, Softwarized network
architectures/infrastructures, cloud/edge-native networking.
- Management and orchestration architectures, platforms and systems
including integrated management, policy-based management, model-driven
management.
- End-to-end and multi-domain softwarized networks, multi-domain
management, green operations and
management.
- Network (Data, Control, Management, Service Planes) Programmability. -
Service provisioning and management, service assurance, fulfillment and
resilience, DevOps management.
- Security and Reliability issues in Network Softwarization and Management

Software Approaches, Resources and Functions
- Network operating systems, network functions, cloud-native functions,
interfaces, deployment and
integration with software-based control, management and orchestration.
- Microservices, serverless computing and new software paradigms for
managing and operating network
functions.
- New Fault, Configuration, Accounting, Performance and Security (FCAPS)
Management functions.
- New telecom software and tools for Operating Support Systems (OSS) and
Business Support Systems (BSS).

Modelling, Measurement and Performance Analysis
- Performance measurements and evaluation, monitoring, data analytics,
validation and debugging for
network management and softwarized networks.
- Network and service quality, performance, reliability, scalability,
elasticity, resilience, maintainability, safety and security with
guarantees.
- Profiling and performance evaluation of softwarized network
functions/components.
- High precision networking, management of cyber-networking systems
supporting physical/digital twins.

Submission Guidelines

Manuscripts must be submitted through the magazine’s submissions
website, Manuscript Central (<mc.manuscriptcentral.com/commag-ieee>).
You will need to register and then proceed to the author center. On the
manuscript details page, please select the Network Softwarization and
Management Series from the drop-down menu. Manuscripts should be
scientific-oriented and should not be under review for any other
conference or journal. They should be written in a style comprehensible
and accessible to readers outside the specialty of the article.
Mathematical equations should not be used. For detailed submission
guidelines please refer to the magazine website for the list of Paper
Submission Guidelines
(<comsoc.org/publications/magazines/ieee-communications-magazine/author-guidelines/manuscript-submission>)
that must be followed by all submissions to the IEEE Communications
Magazine.

Papers can be submitted anytime during the year. They will receive a
review process, and, if accepted, they will be published in the first
slot available for this Series.

Series Editors

Walter Cerroni
University of Bologna, Italy

Alex Galis
University College London, UK

Kohei Shiomoto
Tokyo City University, Japan

Mohamed Faten Zhani
École de Technologie Supérieure (ÉTS Montreal), Canada

In our role as Series Editors, we strive to achieve a fast, quality and
selective review process for all submissions in order to quickly publish
high-quality and cutting-edge papers on relevant topics in this area.