Subject: [nmrg] Intent Classification Draft - Comments Yehia Elkhatib of Complexity 0 and 1 addressed

From: Adriana Olariu <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 15 Sep 2020 16:23:51 +0000

Dear Yehia,

Thank you for your feedback to the intent classification draft.  In the latest version 01 of the draft, which is available on Github as TXT (https://github.com/irtf-nmrg/nmrg-ibn-intent-classification/blob/01/draft-irtf-nmrg-ibn-intent-classification-01.txt), or as WORD DOC attached to this email, Olga and myself have addressed complexity 0 and complexity 1 comments received from you.
In the table below, there is a note in the last column on how these comments have been taken into consideration.
Please let us know if you are satisfied on how they have been addressed.

Best regards,
Olga and Adriana

Author

Affiliation

High-level comment

Section

Complexity

Editor

Status

How it was addressed

14

Yehia Elkhatib

Lancaster University

Clarify intent vs. policy confusion.

3

1

Huawei

Completed

Updated as suggested by Yehia "   An intent is mistaken by many to be just a synonym for policy.
   While it is easier for those familiar with different standards to   understand what service, CFS, RFS, resource, policy continuum, ECA
   policy, declarative policy, abstract policy or intent policy is, it   may be more difficult for the wider audience. Furthermore, those
   familiar with policies understand the difference between a business,  intent, declarative, imperative, and ECA policy."

15

Yehia Elkhatib

Lancaster University

Provide more details on some of the intents, such as how the intent would manifest for an operational point of view.

5

3

China Telecom

16

Yehia Elkhatib

Lancaster University

Clarify the aspect of intent conflict resolution.

1

2

Jeferson

17

Yehia Elkhatib

Lancaster University

Clarify that the presented intent scopes are extendable.

4

1

Huawei

Completed

The following sentence has been added at the end of Section 5.3 "These intent scopes are expendable through the methodology presented in Section 6.1."
Section numbering changed due to adding a new section 2 with Keywords.