Subject: [nmrg] Intent Classification Draft - Comments King Daniel of Complexity 0 and 1 addressed

From: Adriana Olariu <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 15 Sep 2020 16:25:16 +0000

Dear Daniel,

                Thank you again for your feedback to the intent classification draft. Myself and Olga have addressed all the complexity 0 and complexity 1 comments, with the exception of comment 29, as per table below. These changes are reflected in the attached WORD DOC, and the version 01 TXT file on GitHub (https://github.com/irtf-nmrg/nmrg-ibn-intent-classification/blob/01/draft-irtf-nmrg-ibn-intent-classification-01.txt)

Please let us know if these comments have been addressed to your satisfaction.

Best regards,
Adriana and Olga

Author

Affiliation

High-level comment

Section

Complexity

Editor

Status

How it was addressed

28

King Daniel

Lancaster UK

Re-phrasing of text: Paragraph 2

Abstract

1

Huawei

Completed

Abstract updated as suggested: "This document discusses the concept of intent. Specifically, it  highlights stakeholder perspectives of intent, methods to classify
   and encode intent, the associated intent taxonomy, and defines  relevant intent terms where necessary. This document provides a
   foundation for intent related research and facilitate solution   development."

29

King Daniel

Lancaster UK

Update Introduction and Abstract should mention the focus is on "network intent"

Abstract

1

Huawei

30

King Daniel

Lancaster UK

Section 3 and 6 titles should use capitalised letters for consistency.

TOC

0

Huawei

Completed

Capitalized in TOC and Section Name
Section 4: Abstract Intent Requirements
Section 7: Involvement of Intent in the Application of AI to Network Management

Section numbering changed due to adding a new section 2 with Keywords.

31

King Daniel

Lancaster UK

Missing acronyms.

1

0

Huawei

Completed

Updated the list in section 3.
 Section numbering changed due to adding a new section 2 with Keywords.

32

King Daniel

Lancaster UK

Consistent use of words.

ALL

0

Huawei

Completed

As per draft-nmrg-ibn-concepts-definitions, we can use the following: life-cycle, end-users in the document.
For the rest of similar workds we used: intent-driven (as per SLA-driven in draft), task-based.

33

King Daniel

Lancaster UK

Re-phrasing of text: Paragrpah 4

1

1

Huawei

Completed

Text updated in Section 1 as: "As it can be observed, each of the aforementioned SDOs came up with
   their own way of specifying an intent, and with their own
   understanding of what an Intent is. Each SDO defines a set of
   terms and level of abstraction, its intended users, and the
   applications and usage scenarios."

34

King Daniel

Lancaster UK

Create sub-section 1.1 Scope within the Introduction section.

1

3

Jeferson

35

King Daniel

Lancaster UK

List SDOs scope of work and their output, in order to identify gaps.

1

3

Jeferson

36

King Daniel

Lancaster UK

Create Key Words section after Introduction.

1

0

Huawei

Completed

Separated the text "The key words "MUST", "MUST NOT", "REQUIRED", "SHALL", "SHALL NOT",   "SHOULD", "SHOULD NOT", "RECOMMENDED", "MAY", and "OPTIONAL" in this
   document are to be interpreted as described in RFC 2119 [RFC2119]." in a new section 2 named Key Words after Introduction.

37

King Daniel

Lancaster UK

Include a Definitions section, along the Acronyms one.

1

3

Jeferson

38

King Daniel

Lancaster UK

Fix english nits and improve readability.

ALL

2

Huawei