Subject: [nmrg] Workshop on Intent-based Networking --- WIN 2021 --- In conjunction with IEEE NetSoft 2021

From: "Ciavaglia, Laurent (Nokia - FR/Paris-Saclay)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 18 Feb 2021 11:20:21 +0000

Dear NMRG,

We believe this workshop could be of interest to the group.
We invite you to consider submitting your research there, and expect to have a fruitful workshop!

Best regards,
Laurent

                              -------------------
                                CALL FOR PAPERS
                              -------------------

                       Workshop on Intent-based Networking
                                --- WIN 2021 ---

                      In conjunction with IEEE NetSoft 2021
                           Tokyo, Japan, June 28, 2021

                    http://www.adda-association.org/win-2021/

Intent Based Networking (IBN)  aims  at  technology-agnostic,  fast  and  robust
interaction  between network infrastructure management systems and their  users,
in order to automate and speed up the deployment and lifecycle of  applications.
IBN as such covers mechanisms to receive,  understand,  organize  and  translate
Intents defining network services requests, so as to ensure their  fullfillment,
with the support of a reliable system feedback enabling their execution  withing
the expected quality limits.

The concept of IBN appeared in the 2010's  with  a  focus  on  automated  policy
configuration. In now reaches out to OTT applications deployed on  multiple  and
heterogeneous networks. IBN solutions do not aim at  covering  all  applications
and the entire network. Instead, they  are  deemed  to  run  in  a  well-defined
network scope and associated knowledge domain. That said, IBN solutions need  to
have enough flexibility to span and exchange with connected domains.

The goal of this workshop is to gather research  and  experiments  in  industry,
academia and standards, to get a sense of where  we  stand,  what  needs  to  be
adressed and what should be explored.  To this end, the workshop organisers will
like to receive contributions to IBN in all domains, that relate to  the  topics
listed  below.  Papers  will  describe  research  and  design  principles   with
evaluation methodology or (architectures and) experiments with thorough scenario
description.

Topics of interest include any aspects that are related to:

- IBN Applications, concepts, lifecycle and challenges
- Intent representation and translation
- IBN architectures
- Intent processing frameworks
- Intent framework interaction
- Intent lifecycle management
- Information models
- Bottom-up intent abstraction
- IBN  modelling and instanciation
- IBN robustness and assurance
- ...

Demo papers are also welcome and should be clearly marked as such.

Important dates
---------------

Paper submission: March 8, 2021
Notification of acceptance: March 28, 2021
Final manuscripts due: April 11, 2021
Conference: June 28, 2021

Submission
----------

Submissions must not be published or submitted to a journal and/or  conference /
workshop with proceedings. Papers should be no longer  than  7  pages  including
tables, figures and references with the IEEE 2-column US-letter  style.  Authors
are invited to use the IEEE  conference  template  and  submit  in  PDF  format.
Submissions are to be made to the submission web site:

                            https://edas.info/N28098

Authors of accepted papers must present their papers. At  least  one  author  of
each accepted paper is required to register and present the paper.