Subject: [nmrg] Call For Papers: Special Issue on “Intent-Based Software-Defined Networks”

From: mgharbaoui <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 18 Feb 2021 08:33:48 +0000

Dear Colleagues,

As Guest Editors, we cordially invite you to submit a manuscript for  
consideration and possible publication in a Special Issue on "  
Intent-Based Software-Defined Networks " to be published in the  
journal Computers (https://www.mdpi.com/journal/computers, ISSN  
2073-431X), a Scopus et al. indexed, open access journal.

The manuscript submission deadline is 10 September 2021. In Special  
Issue on “Intent-Based Software-Defined Networks”, intent-based  
networking (IBN) has emerged as a novel form of network administration  
that allows automating the management of network operations and  
increasing their availability. IBN offers to network administrators a  
simple way to express their business objectives while enabling the  
network software to automatically achieve those goals. Intent relies  
on the programmability feature of SDN to plan, design, and operate  
networks in a simple and agile manner, thus abstracting networks’  
complexity.

Intent-based networking raises new challenges for researchers to  
investigate, redesign, and develop SDN-based networks in the 5G era.  
This Special Issue will cover the latest contributions of researchers  
in, but not limited to, the following research topics:

•	Software-defined networks
•	Intent-based networking
•	Network slicing
•	Network virtualization
•	Automated network management and orchestration.

For more details please visit the special issue website:

https://www.mdpi.com/journal/computers/special_issues/intent_based_SDN

Computers is fully open access. Open access (unlimited and free access  
by readers) increases publicity and promotes more frequent citations,  
as indicated by several studies. Open access is supported by the  
authors and their institutes. An Article Processing Charge (APC) of  
CHF 1400 currently applies to all accepted papers. You may be entitled  
to a discount if you have previously received a discount code or if  
your institute is participating in the MDPI Institutional Open Access  
Program (IOAP), for more information see:  
http://www.mdpi.com/about/ioap.

We are looking forward to hearing from you.

With kind regards,

Guest Editor

Dr. Molka Gharbaoui
Scuola Superiore Sant'Anna di Studi Universitari e di Perfezionamento,  
Pisa, Italy