Subject: [nmrg] [NetSoft 2021] Call for Demo Papers - Deadline: March 21, 2021

From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 12 Mar 2021 13:08:44 +0000

********************************************************************************
                              Call for Demo Papers
                            Deadline: March 21, 2021

                                  Hybrid Event
             7th International Conference on Network Softwarization

                                  NetSoft 2021

           "Accelerating Network Softwarization in the Cognitive Age"
                     June 28 - July 2, 2021 - Tokyo, Japan
                        Remote participation is accepted

                           https://ieee-netsoft.org/

********************************************************************************
Technically co-sponsored by IEEE, IEEE ComSoc and IEICE
All accepted & presented  demo papers will be submitted  for publication in IEEE
Xplore.

NetSoft 2021 will be an hybrid conference allowing  for on-site participation in
Tokyo, Japan, and remote participation for those who might be unable to travel.

Demo paper submission deadline: March 21, 2021

The 7th International Conference on Network Softwarization  (NetSoft 2021) calls
for demonstration proposals  on research prototypes on softwarized networks  and
5G systems. As a leading edge forum  for researchers and engineers  in the field
of  networking  software,  Software-Defined  Networking (SDN),  Network Function
Virtualization (NFV),  and 5G,  NetSoft 2021  offers a unique opportunity to de-
monstrate  innovative and leading-edge  networking software  prototypes,  engage
with highly-skilled technical audience,  and discuss  emerging technologies with
key  thought  leaders.  Demonstrations showcasing  working  systems,  innovative
applications, ground  breaking ideas,  and novel concepts  related to networking
software are welcome.

*** Topics of interest ***
**************************
The topics of interest include, but are not limited to:

  * Softwarized cloud, fog, and edge infrastructures
  * Cognitive and autonomic networking
  * Centralized vs distributed control, management & orchestration
  * Abstractions and virtualization of resources, services and functions
  * AI techniques to support network automation
  * Big data analytics for managing softwarized networks
  * Network slicing and slice management
  * Mobility management in softwarized networks
  * Programmable SDN and NFV: languages and architectures
  * Policy-based and intent-based networking
  * Service Function Chaining (SFC)
  * Mapping and scheduling of SFC
  * Container/microservice-based network functions
  * Efficient network/service monitoring in SDN/NFV
  * QoS and QoE in softwarized infrastructures
  * Resilience, reliability, and robustness of softwarized networks
  * Network softwarization for 5G
  * Network management at the edge
  * Cooperative multi-domain, multi-tenant SDN/NFV environments
  * Security, Safety, Trust and Privacy in virtualized environments
  * SDN switch/router architecture and design
  * Dynamic resource discovery and negotiation schemes
  * Lifecycle management of network software
  * DevOps methodologies for network softwarization
  * Debugging and introspection of software-defined systems
  * Softwarized platforms for Internet of Things (IoT)
  * Energy-efficient and green software-defined infrastructures (SDI)
  * Transition strategies from existing networks to SDN/NFV

*** Submission guidelines ***
*****************************
Prospective authors are invited to submit Demo proposals in the form of a 3-page
paper  in IEEE conference  double-column format, preferably incorporating a demo
system architecture  illustration.  The proposal should also  describe in detail
what  NetSoft 2021 attendees will experience  during the demonstration. The pro-
posal should provide the demo background and  further focus on the demo settings
and the application, possibly with visual outcomes  to highlight the interest of
the demo.
Authors are also encouraged to optionally include in the paper submission a link
that opens a quite short (1-3min) video illustrating the demo and its scope.

Demo papers must be submitted electronically through EDAS in PDF format only:
https://edas.info/newPaper.php?c=27856&track=104072

Demo papers will be  peer-reviewed and  accepted demo papers will be included in
the digital conference proceedings provided  to NetSoft 2021 attendees  and will
be subsequently submitted to IEEE Xplore if presented.

At least one author of each accepted demo paper proposal is required to register
to NetSoft 2021 conference and present the demo at the scheduled demo session.

*** Important dates ***
***********************
- Demo paper submission deadline: March 21, 2021
- Demo acceptance notification: March 30, 2021
- Camera-ready demo papers:  April 11, 2021

*** Demo Co-Chair ***
*********************
Prosper Chemouil, Cnam, France
Hiroaki Harai, NICT Japan
Mohamed Faten Zhani, ETS Montreal, Canada

*** TPC Co-Chairs ***
*********************
Christian Esteve Rothenberg, University of Campinas, Brazil
Barbara Martini, CNIT, Italy
Eiji Oki, Kyoto University

*** General Co-Chairs ***
*************************
Kohei Shiomoto, Tokyo City University, Japan
Young-Tak Kim, Yeungnam University, Korea

********
Website: https://ieee-netsoft.org/

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Ce message et ses pieces jointes peuvent contenir des informations confidentielles ou privilegiees et ne doivent donc
pas etre diffuses, exploites ou copies sans autorisation. Si vous avez recu ce message par erreur, veuillez le signaler
a l'expediteur et le detruire ainsi que les pieces jointes. Les messages electroniques etant susceptibles d'alteration,
Orange decline toute responsabilite si ce message a ete altere, deforme ou falsifie. Merci.

This message and its attachments may contain confidential or privileged information that may be protected by law;
they should not be distributed, used or copied without authorisation.
If you have received this email in error, please notify the sender and delete this message and its attachments.
As emails may be altered, Orange is not liable for messages that have been modified, changed or falsified.
Thank you.