Subject: [nmrg] [NoF2021] Call for Participation 12th International Conference on Network of the Future (NoF 2021)

From: Barbara Martini <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 10 Sep 2021 12:10:52 +0200

[Apologies if you receive multiple copies of this message]

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                 Call for Participation

12th International Conference on Network of the Future (NoF 2021)

             October 06-08, 2021 -- Virtual Conference
    Technically sponsored by IEEE Communications Society

                Website: https://nof2021.dnac.org
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Take advantage of affordable early registration fees by September 26, 2021!
Check https://nof2021.dnac.org/registration/

NoF 2021 is technically co-sponsored by IEEE, IEEE ComSoc.

Since its creation in 2010, NoF has been a premier annual conference 
that covers advances in the area
of Future Internet design, with emphasis on enabling technologies, 
architectures and services.
NoF 2021 will be held fully on-line as a virtual conference on October 
6-8, 2021.

The conference will address major trends like softwarization leveraged 
by Software-Defined Networking
(SDN), Network Function Virtualization (NFV), and Cloud & Edge 
Computing, and the introduction of new
radio techniques are shaping the evolution in the Telecom and ICT 
industries, today emphasized by the
early ,deployment of ,5G networks ,and services. ,Additionally, ,initial 
research on ,6G networks and
technologies have already been  started.  Accordingly, besides 
technological advances,  NoF 2021 will
also consider  further benefit  from the growing introduction of 
Artificial Intelligence and Machine
Learning techniques that are expected to alleviate complexity and to 
allow smart and reliable automa-
tion of service delivery.

Accordingly, NoF 2021 will accommodate an attractive technical program 
that features:

3 Keynote talks:
   - Research trends in network infrastructure, security, and management,
     by Raouf Boutaba (University of Waterloo, Canada)
   - The application of AI to networks,
     by Dinesh C. Verma & Utpal Mangla  (IBM, USA)
   - The Coherent (R)evolution: Faster, Longer, and Soon (Almost) 
Everywhere?,
     by João Pedro (Infinera, Portugal)

1 Panel: "Rationalizing Edge Computing in the New Era of Beyond 5G”
   Stuart Clayman (UCL, UK), Leonardo Goratti (Safran, Germany), Marco 
Ruffini (Trinity College Dublin,
   Ireland), Roberto Riggio (RISE, Sweden), and Elaine Wong (University 
of Melbourne, Australia)

1 Tutorial:  “Network automation: challenges, enablers, and benefits”
   Paolo Monti Chalmers University of Technology, Sweden), and Carlos 
Natalino (Chalmers University of
   Technology, Sweden)

6 Technical Sessions and 1 demo Session

Additionally, 1 half-day workshop (ResNed), dedicated to network 
resilience issues, will that include
3 keynote Talks:
   - Towards Structural Resilience of Next Generation Cellular Networks,
     by David Tipper (Professor, University of Pittsburgh, USA)
   - New Challenges and Solutions to Network Resilience: A Practical 
Approach,
     by Jorge Carapinha (Altice Labs, Portugal)
   - Designing and Operating Content Aggregation & Content Delivery 
Networks in scenarios of high avai-
     lability and high resilience – A Broadcasting perspective of the 
Tokyo 2020 Summer Olympic Games,
     by Mario Reis (Director of Telecommunications & OTT at Olympic 
Broadcasting Services)

The Full Program is available at https://nof2021.dnac.org/program/

*** Venue ***
Online using Cisco Webex Meetings
Further details and detailed instructions for participants are available at
https://nof2021.dnac.org/all-attendees-guidelines/

Early Registration: September 26, 2021
Conference dates: October 6-8, 2021

Looking forward to seeing you at the NoF 2021!

TPC Co-Chairs
Susana Sargento, University of Aveiro - Instituto de Telecomunicações, 
Portugal
Tim Wauters, Ghent University - imec, Belgium

General Co-Chairs
Lúcia Martins, University of Coimbra & INESC Coimbra, Portugal
Carmen Mas Machuca, Technical University of Munich, Germany

Executive Chair
Prosper Chemouil, Cnam, France