Subject: [nmrg] IEEE TNSM Special Issue on Cybersecurity - Submission Deadline: October 30, 2021

From: Rémi Badonnel <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 25 Aug 2021 10:34:51 +0200

CALL FOR PAPERS
IEEE TNSM SPECIAL ISSUE ON RECENT ADVANCES IN NETWORK SECURITY MANAGEMENT
https://www.comsoc.org/publications/journals/ieee-tnsm/cfp

-----------------------------------

Submission Deadline: *October 30, 2021*

Dear Colleagues:

We cordially invite you to share your latest research results by 
submitting your manuscript to the IEEE Transactions on Network and 
Service Management Special Issue on "Recent Advances in Network Security 
Management".

------------------------
CALL FOR PAPERS
------------------------

As the backbone of communications amongst objects, humans, companies, 
and administrations, the Internet has become a great integration 
platform capable of efficiently interconnecting billions of entities, 
from RFID chips to data centers. This platform provides access to 
multiple hardware and virtualized resources (servers, networking, 
storage, applications, connected objects) coming from cloud computing 
and internet-of-things infrastructures. From these resources that may be 
hosted and distributed amongst different providers and tenants, the 
building and operation of complex and value-added networked systems is 
enabled.

These networked systems are, however, subject to a large variety of 
security attacks, such as distributed denial-of-service, 
man-in-the-middle, web-injection and malicious software attacks, 
orchestrated in a more or less stealthy manner through the Internet. 
While they are gaining in sophistication and coordination (i.e. advanced 
persistent threats), these attacks may affect the fundamental security 
goals of confidentiality, integrity, availability and non-repudiation of 
resources. The accessibility, distribution, and increased complexity of 
networked systems make them particularly vulnerable targets. In that 
context, cybersecurity techniques offer new perspectives for protecting 
these networked systems, through the elaboration of intelligent and 
efficient management methods for detecting, analyzing and mitigating 
such attacks.

IEEE Transactions on Network and Service Management (IEEE TNSM) is a 
premier journal for timely publication of archival research on the 
management of networks, systems, services and applications. Following 
the success of the recent TNSM Special Issues on cybersecurity 
techniques for managing networked systems in 2020 and 2021, this special 
issue will also focus on recent advances in network security management. 
We welcome submissions addressing the important challenges (see the 
non-exhaustive list of topics below) and presenting novel research or 
experimentation results. Survey papers that offer a perspective on 
related work and identify key challenges for future research will be 
considered as well. We look forward to your submissions!

------------------------
ABOUT THE SPECIAL ISSUE
------------------------

Topics of interest for this special issue, include, but are not limited 
to the following:

• Network and service management for security
• Security of network and service management
• Security management architecture, protocols and APIs
• Secure and resilient design and deployment of networked systems
• Monitoring and detection of threats and attacks
• Artificial intelligence, machine learning for cyber-security
• Analytics and big data for security management
• Modeling for security management
• Configuration and orchestration of security mechanisms
• Algorithms for security management
• Security automation, policy-based management
• NFV-based security functions and services
• Security of programmable components
• Chaining and orchestration of security functions
• Distributed security management
• Intrusion detection, tolerance, and prevention
• Resilience against large-scale distributed attacks
• Trust and identity management
• Verification and enforcement of security properties
• Vulnerability prevention and remediation
• Performance of security management
• Security of cloud applications and services
• Security of data-center infrastructures
• Security of 5G networks and services
• Security of smart environments
• Security of Internet of Things
• Security of SCADA, industrial and health networks
• Security of SDN- and NFV-based systems
• Network forensics, auditing and responses to incidents
• Privacy-preserving solutions for cybersecurity
• Detailed experience reports from experimental testbeds
• Blockchains for security management
• Security-related business, regulation and legal aspects

------------------------
SUBMISSION FORMAT
------------------------

Papers will be evaluated based on their originality, presentation, 
relevance and contribution to the field of management of 
software-defined virtualized systems, as well as their overall quality 
and suitability for the special issue. The submitted papers must be 
written in good English and describe original research which has not 
been published nor currently under review by other journals or 
conferences. Previously published conference papers should be clearly 
identified by the authors at the initial submission stage and an 
explanation should be provided of how such papers have been extended in 
order to be considered for this special issue.

Author guidelines for preparation of the manuscript (including number of 
pages and potential extra page costs) can be found at:
https://www.comsoc.org/publications/journals/ieee-tnsm/ieee-transactions-network-and-service-management-submit-manuscript 
<https://www.comsoc.org/publications/journals/ieee-tnsm/ieee-transactions-network-and-service-management-submit-manuscript>

For more information, please contact Remi Badonnel ([email-masked]).

------------------------
SUBMISSION GUIDELINES
------------------------

All manuscripts and any supplementary material should be submitted 
through the IEEE ManuscriptCentral service located at: 
http://mc.manuscriptcentral.com/tnsm
Authors must indicate in the submission cover letter that their 
manuscript is intended for the “Recent Advances in Network Security 
Management” special issue.

------------------------
IMPORTANT DATES
------------------------

Paper submission date: *October 30, 2021*
Notification of acceptance: February 15, 2022
Publication date*: June 1st, 2022

------------------------
GUEST EDITORS
------------------------

Rémi Badonnel, Telecom Nancy – LORIA / INRIA, France
Sandra Scott-Hayward, Queen's University Belfast, United Kingdom
Carol Fung, Virginia Commonwealth University, United States
Qi Li, Tsinghua University, China
Jie Zhang, Nanyang Technological University (NTU), Singapore
Cristian Hesselman, SIDN, The Netherlands
Fulvio Valenza, Politecnico di Torino, Italy

(* online published version will be available in IEEE Xplore after the 
camera ready version has been submitted with final DOI)