Subject: [nmrg] I-D Action: draft-irtf-nmrg-ibn-intent-classification-04.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 30 Sep 2021 10:06:08 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Network Management RG of the IRTF.

        Title           : Intent Classification
        Authors         : Chen Li
                          Olga Havel
                          Adriana Olariu
                          Pedro Martinez-Julia
                          Jeferson Campos Nobre
                          Diego R. Lopez
	Filename        : draft-irtf-nmrg-ibn-intent-classification-04.txt
	Pages           : 47
	Date            : 2021-09-30

Abstract:
   Intent is an abstract, high-level policy used to operate the network.
   Intent management system includes an interface for users to input
   requests and an engine to translate the intents into the network
   configuration and manage their life-cycle.

   This document discusses mostly the concept of network intents, but
   other types of intents are also being considered. Specifically, it
   highlights stakeholder perspectives of intent, methods to classify
   and encode intent, the associated intent taxonomy, and defines
   relevant intent terms where necessary. This document provides a
   foundation for intent related research and facilitates solution
   development.

   This document is a product of the IRTF Network Management Research
   Group (NMRG). The document represents the consensus of the RG. During
   the document's lifecycle it received many positive expressions of
   support and detailed reviews beyond the authors. Only in the last
   call period it received more than 12 positive expressions of support
   and more than 5 detailed reviews. It is published for informational
   purposes.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-irtf-nmrg-ibn-intent-classification/

There is also an htmlized version available at:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-irtf-nmrg-ibn-intent-classification-04

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-irtf-nmrg-ibn-intent-classification-04

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/