Subject: [nmrg] Call for Workshop Proposals - NetSoft 2022 - 27 June-1 July 2022, Milan, Italy

From: Barbara Martini <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 5 Nov 2021 11:06:32 +0100

Apologies for cross-postings

================================================================
IEEE International Conference on Network Softwarization (NetSoft)

27 June - 1 July 2022, Milan, Italy

https://netsoft2022.ieee-netsoft.org/
================================================================

Call for Workshop Proposals
=================================

Details on: https://netsoft2022.ieee-netsoft.org/authors/call-for-workshops/
Important dates

     Submission of workshop proposals: November 12, 2021
     Announcements: November 19, 2021
     Workshop paper submissions: February 18, 2022
     Notifications to authors: April 4, 2022
     Camera-ready workshop papers: April 18, 2022

Scope and Topics of Interest
=================================

The 8th IEEE International Conference on Network Softwarization (NetSoft 
2022) will be held on June 27-July 1, 2022 in Milan, Italy. IEEE NetSoft 
has been created as a flagship conference that addresses the 
softwarization of networks and is the opportunity to discuss challenges 
and issues raised by the convergence of Cloud Computing, 
Software-Defined Networking (SDN), and Network Functions Virtualization 
(NFV) techniques.

Like the past editions, the 2022 IEEE NetSoft conference will host 
several workshops. The purpose of the workshops is to complement the 
conference program with in-depth discussions that are dedicated to 
emerging topics on network softwarization, such as network automation at 
a global scale, multi-domain dynamic service and slice production in a 
softwarized environment, migration strategies (how to deal with legacy 
technologies in SDN-enabled networking environments, for example). Of 
course, workshops can also echo topics specifically related to IEEE 
NetSoft 2022. Accepted and presented workshop papers will be published 
in the conference proceedings and will be submitted for inclusion in 
IEEE Xplore.

Format of workshop papers must not exceed 6 pages.
Submission Guidelines

Please send Workshop Proposals via email with subject line “NETSOFT 2022 
WORKSHOP PROPOSAL” to the Workshop Program Co-Chairs:

     Christiaan Jacquenet, Orange, France: [email-masked]
     Giovanni Schembra, University of Catania, Italy: 
[email-masked]

Please make sure to include in your proposal:

  *      A description of the Workshop
  *      Who the workshop organizers are
  *      Whether the Workshop is planned as a full-day or as a half-day
    event
  *      If applicable an indication of past editions of the workshop
  *      Ideally a draft CFP
  *      Any other information that will be useful to evaluating the
    proposal (such as whether there is a specific target audience).