Subject: [nmrg] Call For Tutorials :: ICIN 2022

From: Christian Esteve Rothenberg <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 26 Nov 2021 16:34:21 -0300

https://www.icin-conference.org/call-for-tutorials/

##### Call For Tutorials ####

The 25th Conference on Innovation in Clouds, Internet, and Networks
(ICIN 2022) seeks tutorial proposals, which should provide clear and
focused teaching materials covering hot and emerging topics that are
within the scope of the conference, which includes but are not limited
to:

### Beyond 5G and towards 6G architectures and networks:

Towards 6G use cases, requirements, and enabling technologies
Coverage extension and disruptive infrastructure deployment models
Efficiency and cooperation models across network segments
Softwarized and flexible networks and services for high adaptability
Reliability, resilience, and robustness
Cross-networks and services trustworthiness enablers

### Edge-Cloud continuum and softwarized networks evolution:

Edge for vertical industries
Digital twins approaches and challenges
Automotive and vehicular networking, vehicular cloud services
Tactile Internet and precision networking
Functional decomposition and orchestration, service chaining
Protocols for ultra-low latency and ultra-high reliability
Fog, edge, and multi-access computing and networking
Security, trust, and privacy

### Enablers and services for wireless and mobile networks:

Network and service architecture, protocols, application-network layer
interworking
Scalability and multi-tenancy in 5G and emerging networks
Green networking and efficient resource usage and service delivery
Security, trust and privacy management in large systems and smart environments

### Network automation and orchestration architectures and protocols:

Zero-touch network and service management and orchestration
Artificial intelligence for networks and networks for artificial intelligence
Network data analytics, anomaly detection, and feature extraction
Autonomic and cognitive networking
Automated data, control, and management planes
Intent-based networking
Network programmability
Automated QoS and QoE management
Orchestration of distributed cloud and network resources
Security, societal and legal aspects of network automation

### Technologies for innovation in clouds, Internet, and networks:

SDN, NFV, service function chaining, function placement, and network embedding
Cloud-native design applied to network planes
Distributed Ledger Technologies in networking and network services
Advanced multimedia and real-time communications, QoE/QoS Assurance
Lightweight virtualization technologies, software and hardware acceleration
Energy-efficient software-defined infrastructures
Measurement, monitoring, and telemetry
Cloud and Network Slicing
Open-source projects and open standards

________________________________

Submission Guidelines

An ICIN 2022 tutorial proposal should be submitted in a single PDF
file (3 pages max.), and must include the following:

Tutorial title
Tutorial Duration: either 1.5 hours or 3.5 hours (with a break)
Abstract briefly describing the concept and content of the tutorial
(no more than 200 words)
Names, affiliations, and short biographies of the speakers,
highlighting their experience on the proposed topic (no more than 200
words per speaker)
Intended audience and a brief description of the background required
by the tutorial attendees
Tutorial content: a detailed description of the tutorial content. It
should highlight the relevance and timeliness of the addressed topic,
the goals of the tutorial, and an outline of its content
Handout material: a description of the non-interactive material that
will be provided to the tutorial’s attendees (e.g., slides, code
snippets, tool documentation)
Hands-on material (if applicable): a description of the tools that
will be provided to the tutorial’s attendees and interactions that
will be expected from them

Please submit your proposal by December 05th, 2021 to the tutorial
co-chairs sending an email to:
[email-masked], [email-masked]

________________________________

Important Dates

• Tutorial submission deadline: December 05th, 2021
• Acceptance notification: December 12th, 2021
• Tutorial material:  February 28th, 2022

________________________________

Tutorial Co-Chairs

Walter Cerroni (University of Bologna, Italy)
Christian Esteve Rothenberg (University of Campinas, Brazil)

________________________________

General Co-Chairs

Noura Limam (University of Waterloo, Canada)
Mohamed Faten Zhani (ETS Montreal, Canada)