Subject: [nmrg] NetSoft 2022 Call for Paper - Deadline: Dec. 15, 2021

From: Barbara Martini <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 29 Nov 2021 15:20:43 +0100

Apologies for cross-postings

================================================================
IEEE International Conference on Network Softwarization (NetSoft)
27 June - 1 July 2022, Milan, Italy
https://netsoft2022.ieee-netsoft.org/
================================================================

Call for Technical Session Papers
=================================

Important Dates
---------------
Paper submission deadline: December 15, 2021
Acceptance notification: March 15, 2022
Camera-ready paper: April 25, 2022

Scope
-----
Over the years, software has become the core value provider in the
telecommunications industry. Boosted by scientific breakthroughs,
continuous innovation and stringent requirements for new services, network
softwarization is currently transforming telecommunications and networking
industry and is bringing several opportunities, while raising new
challenges, from both conceptual and operational perspectives. While 5G
technologies have adopted network softwarization as a foundation, many
challenges remain for end-users to see their benefits, and for the
software-based network to add user and provider perceived value.

NetSoft 2022 will serve as a forum to discuss the latest advances in
network softwarization technologies, support for user-oriented edge and fog
services, AI-based software-defined networks, autonomic networking,
intent/policy-based network management, network slicing, massive data plane
programmability and other related research areas that are anticipated to
radically transform today's networks. The need for further advances in
these topics is reflected in the overall theme of NetSoft 2022: "Network
Softwarization Coming of Age: New Challenges and Opportunities".

NetSoft 2022 will feature technical paper presentations, keynotes,
tutorials, workshops, demos, and exhibitions from world-leading experts
representing service providers, vendors, research institutes, open source
projects, and academia.

Topics of Interest
------------------
The topics of interest include, but are not limited to:
- Softwarized cloud, fog, and edge infrastructures
- Cognitive and autonomic networking
- Centralized vs distributed control, management & orchestration
- Abstractions and virtualization of resources, services and functions
- AI techniques to support network automation
- Big data analytics for managing softwarized networks
- Network slicing and slice management
- Mobility management in softwarized networks
- Programmable SDN and NFV: languages and architectures
- Policy-based and intent-based networking
- Network implications for the creation of a (device to cloud) computing
   continuum
- Network brokering services for inter-edge/cloud interconnects
- Service Function Chaining (SFC)
- Mapping and scheduling of SFC
- Container/microservice-based network functions
- Efficient network/service monitoring in SDN/NFV
- QoS and QoE in softwarized infrastructures
- Resilience, reliability, and robustness of softwarized networks
- Network softwarization for 5G/6G
- Network management at the edge
- Cooperative multi-domain, multi-tenant SDN/NFV environments
- Security, Safety, Trust and Privacy in virtualized environments
- SDN switch/router architecture and design
- Dynamic resource discovery and negotiation schemes
- Lifecycle management of network software
- DevOps methodologies for network softwarization
- Debugging and introspection of software-defined systems
- Softwarized platforms for Internet of Things (IoT)
- Energy-efficient and green software-defined infrastructures (SDI)
- Transition strategies from existing networks to SDN/NFV
- New value chains and service models enabled by softwarization
- Socio-economic impact and regulations for softwarization
- Experience reports from experimental testbeds and deployments
- Impact of the open-source on network softwarization

Paper Submission
----------------
Prospective authors are invited to submit high-quality original technical
papers for presentation at the conference and publication in the NetSoft
2022 Proceedings. All submissions must be written in English and must use
standard IEEE two-column conference template that can be downloaded from
https://www.ieee.org/conferences/publishing/templates.html.

Technical Papers can be of two types: Full or Short papers, up to 9 and 5
pages respectively, including references and all other material. If
accepted, a paper will be published in the category (long/short) of its
submission. Long papers are the more traditional form to present technical
work. Long papers should emphasize not only novelty and vision, but
execution and thoroughness of the contribution (design, evaluation). Short
papers are the preferred vehicle for visionary papers or traditional
technical papers whose description fits within a smaller number of pages.
Short papers may not yet be 'fully baked' in terms of execution and
evaluation.

Papers submitted should describe original, previously unpublished research
results, not currently under review by another conference or journal.
Papers not meeting the length and formatting requirements or violating
IEEE's guidelines on plagiarized content will be rejected without review.
All other submitted papers will be reviewed. Selected papers for NetSoft
2022 may be conditionally accepted and subjected to shepherding before
final acceptance.

Only PDF files will be accepted for the review process and all manuscripts
must be electronically submitted through EDAS:
https://edas.info/newPaper.php?c=28960

Important: NetSoft 2022 is enforcing a strict publication and no-show
policy as stated by IEEE. By submitting a contribution, you agree with the
terms of the publication and no-show policy as mentioned here.

TPC Co-Chairs
-------------
- Carmen Mas Machuca, Technical University of Munich (TUM), Munich, Germany
- K. K. Ramakrishnan, University of California, Riverside, CA, USA
- Fulvio Risso, Politecnico di Torino, Torino, Italy