Subject: [nmrg] IEEE/IFIP AnNet 2022 (EXTENDED AND FIRM DEADLINES) – CALL FOR PAPERS

From: Sergio Armando Gutierrez Betancur <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 26 Jan 2022 17:16:21 +0000

==============================================
 We apologize if you receive multiple copies of this CFP.
 We appreciate your help to contribute & forward this CFP 
 to your friends, colleagues and social networks. 
 We have new extended (and firm) deadlines!
===============================================
******************************************************************************

                   IEEE/IFIP AnNet 2022 – CALL FOR PAPERS

             7th IFIP/IEEE International Workshop on Analytics for Network and 
Service Management (AnNet)

                      Co-located with IFIP/IEEE NOMS 2022

                    Apr 25--29, 2022 // Budapest, Hungary

https://sites.google.com/unal.edu.co/annetworkshop2022/welcome

********************************************************************************

The Seventh IEEE/IFIP International Workshop on Analytics for Network and 
Service Management (AnNet 2022) will be held in conjunction with the IEEE/IFIP 
Network Operations and Management Symposium (NOMS 2022) from April 25th to 
29th 2022 in Budapest, Hungary

Following the success of the six previous editions of this workshop, the main 
goal of AnNet is to present research and experience results in the area of 
data analytics and machine learning for network and service management. 
Approaches such as statistical analysis, data mining, and machine learning are 
promising mechanisms to harness the immense stream of operational data and to 
improve operations and management of IT systems and networks.

AnNet 2022 will include original full-paper presentations and short-paper 
sessions. The workshop attendees will be stimulated to participate in 
interesting discussions. To this end, position papers, short papers describing 
late-breaking advances and work-in-progress reports from ongoing research and 
experimental work are also welcome.

TOPICS OF INTEREST
=========================

We invite our community to contribute with manuscripts describing novel, 
work‑in‑progress research on the design of solutions to relevant security 
issues on a wide variety of next generation networking technologies. The 
topics of interest include:

Data analytics

* Analysis, modeling and visualization
* Operational analytics and intelligence
* Event, log and big data analytics
* Network traffic analysis
* Anomaly detection and prediction
* Crowd sensing
* Monitoring and measurements for management
* Predictive and real-time analytics
* Harnessing social data for management

Machine learning techniques

* Supervised, semi-supervised, and unsupervised learning
* Clustering and data mining
* Reinforcement learning
* Multi-agent based learning
* Deep learning
* Bayesian methods
* Ensemble methods
* Cognitive computing
* Mining spatiotemporal and time series data

Network management paradigms

* Autonomous and autonomic networks
* Fog/edge computing
* In-network processing
* Bio-inspired networks and self-management
* Cognitive and software defined networks
* Network function virtualization
* Security, fault, performance, and resource management
* Intent-based networking
* Programmable data planes

Application domains

* Computer networks
* Mobile ad-hoc and wireless sensor networks
* Clouds and data centers
* Virtualized infrastructures
* Internet of Things
* Computing and network services
* IT service management, storage resource management

AUTHOR INSTRUCTIONS
=========================

Paper submissions must present original, unpublished research or experiences. 
Papers under review elsewhere must not be submitted to the workshop. All 
contributions must be submitted in PDF format via JEMS submission system 
(https://jems.sbc.org.br/home.cgi?c=4019).

There is a length limitation of 6 pages (including title, abstract, all 
figures, tables, and references) for regular papers, and 4 pages for short 
papers describing work in progress. Hence, please submit on the corresponding 
track that you will find on JEMS.
Submissions must be in IEEE 2-column  style. Self-plagiarized papers will be 
rejected without further review. The  accepted papers will be submitted for 
publication in the IEEE Xplore Digital Library. Papers will be withdrawn from 
IEEE Xplore in case the authors do not present their paper at the workshop. 
Also, authors of selected workshop papers will be fast-tracked for the 
publication of extended articles in the Springer Journal of Network and System 
Management (JNSM)

IMPORTANT DATES (EXTENDED AND FIRM DEADLINES)
=========================

Paper Submission: February 13th, 2022
Acceptance: March 13th, 2022
Camera-ready: Mar 27th, 2022

ORGANIZING COMMITTEE
=========================

GENERAL CHAIR

* Juan Felipe Botero Vega (University of Antioquia, Colombia)

TPC CHAIRS

* Adrián Lara (University of Costa Rica, Costa Rica)
* Sergio Armando Gutiérrez Betancur (Universidad Autónoma Latinoamericana, 
Colombia)

STEERING COMMITTEE

* Raouf Boutaba (University of Waterloo, Canada)
* Yixin Diao (IBM T. J. Watson Research Center, USA)
* Rolf Stadler (KTH Royal Institute of Technology, Sweden)
* Filip De Turck (Ghent University – iMinds, Belgium)
* Mehmet Ulema (Manhattan College, USA)
* Nur Zincir-Heywood (Dalhousie University, Canada)

-------------------------------------------------------

Sergio Armando Gutiérrez Betancur, Ph.D.
Research Lecturer
[email-masked]
Oficina 418, Bloque 1
Carrera 55 Nº 49 - 51
Medellín, Colombia