Subject: [nmrg] CFP - International Workshop on Edge Network Softwarization (ENS) 2022 - Co-located with IEEE NetSoft

From: Marco Savi <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 9 Feb 2022 08:43:06 +0100

[Apologies if you receive multiple copies of this email]

===============================================================
CALL FOR WORKSHOP PAPERS

ENS 2022: 1st International Workshop on Edge Network Softwarization

co-hosted at 8th IEEE International Conference on Network Softwarization
(NetSoft 2022)

supported by IEEE Network Intelligence Emerging Technologies initiative
(IEEE NI ETI) http://ni.committees.comsoc.org

Website: https://sites.google.com/view/ens2022

Workshop paper submission deadline: February 28, 2022
===============================================================

Aim and Scope
================
The 1st International Workshop on Edge Network Softwarization (ENS 2022)
will be co-hosted at the 8th IEEE International Conference on Network
Softwarization (NetSoft 2022) that will be held from June 27th to July 1st,
2022 in Milan, Italy.

Network Function Virtualization (NFV) along with Software-Defined
Networking (SDN) are playing a fundamental role in the softwarization of
the network infrastructure. In particular, both technologies have
revolutionized the way network functions and services are offered, which
are often (partially) pushed towards the edge for enhanced performance,
improved privacy, better agility and significant cost reduction.

Accordingly, this workshop aims at providing an overview of the
softwarization process that has started occurring in recent years and is
involving the network edge, with focus on future-proof approaches that will
be part of the advanced 5G&B and 6G network solutions.

Edge network softwarization is a fundamental topic that has to be
thoroughly investigated and pushed by the research community. ENS 2022 has
the goal to meet together researchers and practitioners from academia and
industry that are actively involved in network edge softwarization related
research projects.

Topics of Interest
================
The topics of interest for ENS 2022 include, but are not limited to:
* SDN and NFV distributed solutions for the network edge;
* 5G network softwarization and beyond;
* Software-Defined Wide Area Network (SD-WAN) solutions for network edge
(e.g. orchestration strategies, uCPE monitoring, traffic engineering);
* Service and network orchestration at the edge;
* Novel solutions for data-plane programmable (e.g. P4, eBPF, XDP) edge
devices;
* Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning at the edge;
* Serverless computing and Function-as-a-Service in edge network
architectures;
* Network-aware resource provisioning in Fog Computing;
* Inter-data center networking;
* Advances to end-to-end tunnelling technologies (e.g. VxLAN, IPSEC/GRE);
* Edge computing energy efficiency and resource optimisation;
* Support for low latency applications at the edge (e.g. Tactile Internet);
* Edge-driven use cases (e.g. Agriculture 4.0, Industry 4.0, etc.);
* Privacy and security for the network edge (e.g. zero trust networks);
* Multi-tenancy of edge networks;
* Network edge availability and protection;
* Open Hardware and Software solutions;
* Converged optical and wireless architectures at the edge.

Important Dates
================
Paper Submission: February 28, 2022
Notification of Acceptance: April 11, 2022
Camera-ready Submission: April 25, 2022
Workshop Date: TBD (either Monday June 27th, 2022 or Friday July 1st, 2022)

Paper Submission
================
Authors are invited to submit original contributions for presentation at
the workshop. All submissions must be written in English. Papers should be
up to 6 pages, including references and all other material. They must use
the standard IEEE two-column conference template, which can be downloaded
from www.ieee.org/conferences/publishing/templates.html. Accepted and
presented papers will be included in the NetSoft 2022 Proceedings and
published on IEEE Xplore.
Only PDF files will be accepted for the review process and all manuscripts
must be electronically submitted through EDAS:
https://www.edas.info/newPaper.php?c=29258

Workshop Organizers
================
* Marco Savi, University of Milano-Bicocca, Italy – General Chair
* Sebastian Troia, Politecnico di Milano, Italy – TPC Co-Chair
* Christian Grasso, University of Catania, Italy – TPC Co-Chair
* Sajad Khorsandroo, North Carolina A&T State University, USA – Keynote
Chair
* Nabeel Akhtar, Akamai Technologies Inc, USA – Publicity Co-Chair
* Frank Slyne, Trinity College Dublin, Ireland – Publicity Co-Chair
* Elisa Rojas, University of Alcalá, Spain – Web Chair
* Bo Cheng, Beijing University of Posts and Telecommunications, China
* Ryota Kawashima, Nagoya Institute Technology, Japan

-- 
===============================
Marco Savi, PhD
Assistant Professor
Department of Informatics, Systems and Communication (DISCo)
University of Milano-Bicocca
Building U14, Viale Sarca 336, 20125, Milano (Italy)
Email: [email-masked]
Skype: [email-masked]
Department Website: https://www.disco.unimib.it/
Personal Website: https://marcosavi.altervista.org/
===============================