Subject: [nmrg] WIN 2022 - International Workshop on Intent-based Networking - Call for Papers

From: Barbara Martini <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 11 Feb 2022 10:49:14 +0100

Apologies for cross-postings

================================================================
CALL FOR WORKSHOP PAPERS

WIN 2022: 2nd International Workshop on Intent-based Networking

co-located with IEEE International Conference on Network Softwarization 
(NetSoft)  - 27 June - 1 July 2022, Milan, Italy

Workshop paper submission deadline: February 28, 2022
================================================================

Aim and Scope
=============
Intent Based Networking (IBN) aims at technology-agnostic, fast and 
robust interaction between network infrastructure management systems and 
their users, in order to automate and speed up the deployment and 
lifecycle of applications. IBN as such covers mechanisms to recognize, 
understand and augment intents defining service or operational requests, 
so as to ensure their fulfillment, with the support of reliable system 
feedback enabling their execution within the expected quality limits.
The concept of IBN appeared in the 2010’s with a focus on automated 
policy configuration. IBN now reaches out to OTT applications deployed 
on multiple and heterogeneous networks. IBN solutions do not aim at 
covering all applications and the entire network. Instead, they are 
deemed to run in a well-defined network scope and associated knowledge 
domains. That said, IBN solutions need to have enough flexibility to 
span and exchange with connected domains.
The goal of this workshop is to gather research and experiments from 
industry, academia, and standards, to get a sense of where we stand, 
what needs to be addressed and what should be explored. To this end, the 
workshop will cover IBN aspects of all domains including applications, 
concepts, lifecycle, challenges, architectures, modeling, instantiation, 
robustness, etc.

Topics of Interest
==================
* IBN concepts, architectures, and frameworks
* IBN enabling techniques: knowledge graphs, natural languages 
understanding, policy refinement, feedback control loops, smart 
telemetry, various artificial intelligence methods, etc.
* IBN applications and use cases, including scenarios combining digital 
infrastructures and vertical industries
* IBN proof-of-concepts, experimentations; report on field trials and 
real-world deployments
* IBN implementations, tools, and user interface design
* IBN applications for 5G, beyond-5G and 6G networks
* Intent modeling, representation, languages, and intent translation 
techniques
* Intent and intent-related information models (policies and services)
* Intent recognition, recommendation, and abstraction techniques
* Availability, resiliency, performance, trust, and security 
considerations in IBN
* Interfaces and API for intent based systems
* Recent advances in standards and open source

Important Dates
===============
* Paper Submission: February 28, 2022
* Notification of Acceptance: April 11, 2022
* Camera-ready Submission: April 25, 2022
* Workshops Date: Either Monday June 27th, 2022 or Friday July 1st, 2022

Submission
==========
A selection of the best papers will be further considered for possible 
publication in IEEE Journals and Magazines with high impact factors.
Only PDF files will be accepted for the review process and all 
manuscripts must be electronically submitted through 
EDAS: https://www.edas.info/chair.php?c=29267

Organizing Committee
====================
* Laurent Ciavaglia, Rakuten Mobile, France – General Co-Chair
* Sabine Randriamasy, Nokia, France – General Co-Chair
* Eric Renault, ESIEE Paris, France – TPC Co-Chair
* Molka Gharbaoui, Scuola Superiore Sant’Anna, Italy – TPC Co-Chair
* Pedro Henrique Gomes, Ericsson, Brazil – Industry Track Co-Chair
* Danny Lachos, Benocs, Germany – Industry Track Co-Chair
* Nicolas Herbaut, Université Paris 1 Panthéon-Sorbonne, France 
– Industry Track Co-Chair
* Sabine Randriamasy, Nokia, France – Industry Track Co-Chair
* Barbara Martini, CNIT, Italy – Publicity Co-Chair
* Mohamed-Faten Zhani, ETS, Canada – Publicity Co-Chair
* Kohei Shiomoto, Tokyo City University, Japan – Publicity Co-Chair
* Nicolas Herbaut, Université Paris 1 Panthéon-Sorbonne, France 
– Publication Chair
* Eric Renault, ESIEE Paris, France – Web Chair