Subject: [nmrg] [IEEE M&N 2022] CFP: Special Session on AI/ML for Network Monitoring and Analysis, submissions due by March 28, 2022

From: Jose Suárez-Varela <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 21 Mar 2022 18:44:44 +0100

IEEE M&N 2022 - 6th IEEE International Symposium on Measurements and
Networking

*Special Session #2*: AI/ML FOR NETWORK MONITORING AND ANALYSIS

Padua, Italy

July 18-20, 2022

Conference website: https://mn2022.ieee-ims.org/

Special sessions: https://mn2022.ieee-ims.org/special-sessions-2/

*Important dates*

- Submission Deadline: March 28, 2022

- 1st Review Round Notification: April 14, 2022

- Final Manuscript Submission: June 2, 2022

Papers accepted for presentation will be included in the IEEE Xplore
digital library and indexed by EI/Compendex.

*Call for Papers*

During the last decade Machine Learning (ML) and Artificial Intelligence
(AI) have exploded onto the networking field. A plethora of AI/ML-based
solutions haven been proposed, tested and validated for a wide variety of
network monitoring and analysis tasks. ML can be especially interesting for
its capability to process the vast amount of data collected by network
monitoring platforms nowadays, and to gain deep insights into this data. In
this context, state-of-the-art AI/ML techniques enable fast and efficient
data processing, which makes them especially useful for building real-time
network analytics platforms. This special session calls for contributions
on Machine Learning (ML) and Artificial Intelligence (AI) applied to
network monitoring and analysis.

*Topics of interest include (but are not limited to):*

AI/ML-based solutions for...

   - Network traffic measurement, modeling and classification
   - Network anomaly detection and root cause analysis
   - Attack/malware/vulnerability detection and classification
   - Network modeling and performance evaluation
   - Traffic modeling and forecasting
   - Application-level, QoS and QoE-related measurements
   - Analytics and compression of network monitoring logs
   - Datasets, testbeds, simulation and benchmarking tools for AI/ML-based
network monitoring and analysis
   - Privacy, security, distributed learning in AI/ML-based network
monitoring and analysis tools

*Application domains (not limited to):*

   - Enterprise, campus and wide-area networks (WAN)
   - Edge-based infrastructures, Internet of Things (IoT), home and
broadband access networks
   - Wireless, cellular (5G/6G), vehicular networks
   - Cloud-based infrastructures, data centers
   - Software-Defined Networking (SDN), Network functions virtualization
(NFV)
   - Social networks
   - Emerging paradigms:  satellite networks, quantum networks, etc.

*Submission guidelines:*

Authors are invited to submit a full paper (4-6 pages) reporting original
research (theoretical or applied) via EDAS.

Accepted Papers will be included in the IEEE Xplore digital library and
indexed by EI/Compendex. The maximum length for final papers is 6 pages.

Author information: https://mn2022.ieee-ims.org/author-information/

Submission website (EDAS): https://edas.info/N29299

*** IEEE M&N Organization ***

*General Chairs:*

  - Domenico Capriglione, University of Cassino and Southern Lazio, Italy

  - Giada Giorgi, University of Padova, Italy

*Technical Program Chairs:*

  - Gianfranco Miele, University of Cassino and Southern Lazio, Italy

  - Antonio Espirito Santo, University of Beira Interior, Portugal

  - Emiliano Sisinni, University of Brescia, Italy

Regards,

José Suárez-Varela

*Postdoctoral Researcher*

*Barcelona Neural Networking Center (https://bnn.upc.edu/
<https://bnn.upc.edu/>)*

*Universitat Politècnica de Catalunya, Spain*