Subject: [nmrg] Asking for feedback on a proposal for draft-xing-nmrg-sdn-controller-aware-mptcp-mpquic-00

From: Xing adsfdsa <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 3 Apr 2022 20:53:59 +0800

Dear group,
I hope this mail finds all the members well.
The document,draft-xing-nmrg-sdn-controller-aware-mptcp-mpquic-00 (its full
name: An SDN-based MPTCP-aware and MPQUIC-aware Transmission Control Model,
and its html link:
https://www.ietf.org/archive/id/draft-xing-nmrg-sdn-controller-aware-mptcp-mpquic-00.html).
This document aims to study and implement MPTCP (MultiPath Transmission
Control Protocol) and MPQUIC (MultiPath Quick UDP Internet Connection) for
software-defined networking.  In a software- defined network, the
controller can parse MPTCP and MPQUIC data packets and allocate MPTCP or
MPQUIC data packets to suitable transmission paths according to the
obtained global network state, reducing the probability of transmission
path congestion and improving path utilization.

The intended final research value proposition of the draft is the
formalization of a comprehensive architecture supporting recent advances on
overall management procedures. While I think this fits on the purpose of
NMRG, I would like to collect feedback from the group about if this
approach makes sense for the group.

Thank you.

Best regards,

Ziynag Xing