Subject: [ntpwg] symmetricom s350 mib

From: Juliano Rodrigo De Oliveira Souza <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 2 Jan 2012 15:22:10 -0200

Hy folks!

The SYMM-SMI mib for the s350 (Symmetricom) returns the valid codes(see below):
But where is the REACH inside that?

We calling via modem(Stratum 0) to have the timeclock.
Maybe the NTPv4-MIB can return that value?

Regards,

SYMM-SMI::ntpSysLeap.0 = INTEGER: noWarning(0)
SYMM-SMI::ntpSysStratum.0 = INTEGER: 2
SYMM-SMI::ntpSysPrecision.0 = INTEGER: -20
SYMM-SMI::ntpSysRootDelay.0 = STRING: "0.000432"
SYMM-SMI::ntpSysRootDispersion.0 = STRING: "0.751901"
SYMM-SMI::ntpSysRefID.0 = STRING: "12.13.14.33"
SYMM-SMI::ntpSysRefTime.0 = STRING: "3534513241.35040"
SYMM-SMI::ntpSysPoll.0 = INTEGER: 4
SYMM-SMI::ntpSysPeer.0 = Gauge32: 890507436
SYMM-SMI::ntpSysPhase.0 = STRING: "-0.000032"
SYMM-SMI::ntpSysFreq.0 = STRING: "-33.656860 PPM"
SYMM-SMI::ntpSysError.0 = STRING: "No error"
SYMM-SMI::ntpSysClock.0 = STRING: "Mon Jan  2 15:15:06 2012"
SYMM-SMI::ntpSysSystem.0 = STRING: "Symmetricom SyncServer"
SYMM-SMI::ntpSysProcessor.0 = STRING: "X86 Processor"
SYMM-SMI::ntpSysNotrust.0 = INTEGER: 1
SYMM-SMI::ntpSysPktsReceived.0 = INTEGER: 666993
SYMM-SMI::ntpSysMode.0 = INTEGER: client(3)
SYMM-SMI::ntpSysVersion.0 = STRING: "ntpd [email-masked] Tue Dec 14 23:47:30 UTC 2010 (1)"
SYMM-SMI::tymingStatus.0 = STRING: "Good"
SYMM-SMI::tymingSource.0 = STRING: "4"
SYMM-SMI::tymingTime.0 = STRING: "Mon Jan  2 15:15:06 2012"
SYMM-SMI::tymingVersion.0 = STRING: "2.102"
SYMM-SMI::tymingFlyPeriod.0 = INTEGER: 0
SYMM-SMI::gpsPosition.0 = STRING: "1 0 0 0 0 1 0 0 0 0 0"
SYMM-SMI::gpsUTCOffset.0 = INTEGER: 0
SYMM-SMI::gpsHealth.0 = STRING: "Receiver Health: 2"
SYMM-SMI::gpsSatlist.0 = STRING: "0"
SYMM-SMI::gpsMode.0 = STRING: "Receiver Mode: Survey"
SYMM-SMI::etcVersion.0 = STRING: "2.62"
SYMM-SMI::etcSerialNbr.0 = STRING: "1114A33703"
SYMM-SMI::etcModel.0 = STRING: "S350"
SYMM-SMI::etcUpgrade.0 = STRING: "Update value: 0"
SYMM-SMI::etcUpgradeServer.0 = STRING: "www.symmetricom.com"
SYMM-SMI::etcAlarmString.0 = ""

___________
Juliano Souza
---------------------------------------
A BOLSA é para VOCÊ!
Quer investir em ações? 
Acesse: www.quersersocio.com.br
---------------------------------------

Esta mensagem pode conter informação confidencial e/ou privilegiada. Se você não for o destinatário ou a pessoa autorizada a receber esta mensagem, não deverá utilizar, copiar, alterar, divulgar a informação nela contida ou tomar qualquer ação baseada nessas informações. Se você recebeu esta mensagem por engano, por favor avise imediatamente o remetente, respondendo o e-mail e em seguida apague-o. Agradecemos sua cooperação. 

This message may contain confidential and/or privileged information. If you are not the addressee or authorized to receive this for the addressee, you must not use, copy, disclose, change, take any action based on this message or any information herein. If you have received this message in error, please advise the sender immediately by reply e-mail and delete this message. Thank you for your cooperation.
_______________________________________________
ntpwg mailing list
[email-masked]
http://lists.ntp.org/listinfo/ntpwg

---

From: Danny Mayer <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 02 Jan 2012 16:12:30 -0500

On 1/2/2012 12:22 PM, Juliano Rodrigo De Oliveira Souza wrote:
> But where is the *REACH* inside that?
> 
>  
> 

This is the NTP Working Group mailing list. We only deal with protocols.
You should contact Symmetricom for information like this. They probably
have mailing lists for users of their equipment. RFC 5907 documents the
information that the MIB can have. Outside of that you need to contact
the vendor.

> 
> Regards,
> 
> Juliano Souza
> 
> 
> 
> This message may contain confidential and/or privileged information. If
> you are not the addressee or authorized to receive this for the
> addressee, you must not use, copy, disclose, change, take any action
> based on this message or any information herein. If you have received
> this message in error, please advise the sender immediately by reply
> e-mail and delete this message. Thank you for your cooperation.

Nope. This is a public mailing list ans gets disseminated and archived
in searchable locations.

Danny

---

From: Greg Dowd <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 3 Jan 2012 17:21:04 +0000

These enterprise MIBs predate the ntpwg work by well over a decade.  Most of these devices were originally created as Stratum 1 devices so you will often find source specific error messages for analyzing connections.  It looks like the peer reach register is not there as a generic.  For dialup, maybe one of the error messages would tell you if a call failed?  If you just want to verify current operations, maybe the reference time would show the last call.  I would echo the suggestion to contact the tech support guys if you have more questions.  Happy New Year.

Greg Dowd
gdowd at symmetricom dot com (antispam format)
Symmetricom, Inc.
www.symmetricom.com<http://www.symmetricom.com>
"A clever person solves a problem.  A wise person avoids it." Albert Einstein

From: ntpwg-bounces+gdowd=[email-masked] [mailto:ntpwg-bounces+gdowd=[email-masked]] On Behalf Of Juliano Rodrigo De Oliveira Souza
Sent: Monday, January 02, 2012 9:22 AM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [ntpwg] symmetricom s350 mib

Hy folks!

Regards,

___________
Juliano Souza