Subject: [Ntp] [Editorial Errata Reported] RFC5905 (5104)

From: RFC Errata System <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 30 Aug 2017 12:22:51 -0700 (PDT)

The following errata report has been submitted for RFC5905,
"Network Time Protocol Version 4: Protocol and Algorithms Specification".

--------------------------------------
You may review the report below and at:
http://www.rfc-editor.org/errata/eid5104

--------------------------------------
Type: Editorial
Reported by: Denis Ovsienko <[email-masked]>

Section: 7.3, Fig 8

Original Text
-------------
      +-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
      |                          Key Identifier                       |
      +-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
      |                                                               |
      |                            dgst (128)                         |
      |                                                               |
      +-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

Corrected Text
--------------
      +-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
      |                          Key Identifier                       |
      +-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
      |                                                               |
      |                       Message Digest (128)                    |
      |                                                               |
      +-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

Notes
-----
As the text before the figure explains, the last field is called "Message Digest", which is consistent with the rest of the document. In this document "dgst" and "mac" mean two protocol variables associated with this packet field.

Instructions:
-------------
This erratum is currently posted as "Reported". If necessary, please
use "Reply All" to discuss whether it should be verified or
rejected. When a decision is reached, the verifying party  
can log in to change the status and edit the report, if necessary. 

--------------------------------------
RFC5905 (draft-ietf-ntp-ntpv4-proto-13)
--------------------------------------
Title               : Network Time Protocol Version 4: Protocol and Algorithms Specification
Publication Date    : June 2010
Author(s)           : D. Mills, J. Martin, Ed., J. Burbank, W. Kasch
Category            : PROPOSED STANDARD
Source              : Network Time Protocol
Area                : Internet
Stream              : IETF
Verifying Party     : IESG