Subject: Re: [OAUTH-WG] 2010 kickoff

From: "Manger, James H" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 6 Jan 2010 16:30:49 +1100

17:00 UTC is a very unfriendly 4 AM in Melbourne (UTC+11 currently) for me. I would like to participate at a nicer time (at least for some meetings), though I recognize the impossible task in juggling time zones.

-- 
James Manger

----- Original Message -----
From: Peter Saint-Andre <[email-masked]>
Sent: Wednesday, 6 January 2010 08:55 AM
To: OAuth WG <[email-masked]>
Subject: [OAUTH-WG] 2010 kickoff

<hats type='chair'/>

Happy New Year!

It's clear that the OAuth WG has a lot of work to do. To facilitate this
work, we propose to hold a series of interim conference calls (with
chatroom side channel) leading up to the face-to-face meeting at IETF 77
in March. The interim sessions will serve two main purposes:

1. More clearly define the problems we want to solve, including new
delegation use cases from the WRAP efforts.

2. Drive to consensus on solutions by gathering input from all WG
participants and quickly iterating on relevant Internet-Drafts.

IETF 77 will happen the week of March 22. That's 10+ weeks from now.
To make a lot of progress before then, the group will need to be focused
and disciplined. Therefore we propose to hold a 30-60 minute meeting
once a week, on Thursdays at 17:00 UTC ( = 9:00 PST / 18:00 CET etc.).
You could think of it as "OAuThursday". :)

Because of IETF reporting requirements, we'll need to announce each
meeting at least two weeks in advance, which means we could hold the
first meeting on January 21. If you have objections to this proposed
schedule, please post to the list in the next 24 hours. If there are no
strenuous objections, we will send out the first meeting notice 24 hours
from now to meet the IETF requirements. We realize that not everyone who
is interested will be able to attend each interim session, but we are
counting on the fact that enough people will attend each meeting so that
we can make strong progress.

More soon.

Peter Saint-Andre & Blaine Cook
co-chairs, OAuth WG