Subject: [OAUTH-WG] Planning for upcoming IETF meeting

From: "Tschofenig, Hannes (NSN - FI/Espoo)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 14 Jun 2010 17:13:42 +0300

Hi all, 

Those who attended the last IETF meeting noticed that the actual working
group slots are quite short (around 2 hours). The feedback I got was
that this does not leave us with enough time to get work done. I
understand that argument and acknowledge that not everyone wants to
attend a punch of other working group (even though I believe it would be
useful todo so) and therefore staying the entire week does not make a
lot of sense either. Traveling to a remote location for a 2 hour meeting
then does not sound super efficient. 

The plan I had discussed with Blaine is the following: Once the final
IETF meeting agenda is available we will pick time slots all over the
week (one every day). I will organize a room and we can get together to
discuss open issues until we reach a point where we need to dig into the
details (often requiring text to be written). Writing such text
contributions will then happen afterwards so that we can continue our
discussion during the next slot. 

This will hopefully help us to get some open issues investigated in
detail and to have text proposals available. The official working group
meeting slot would be used to summarize the work on the text proposals
and to get input from the larger community. 

Thoughts? 

Ciao
Hannes & Blaine

---

From: Torsten Lodderstedt <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 14 Jun 2010 18:24:13 +0200

+1

Am 14.06.2010 16:13, schrieb Tschofenig, Hannes (NSN - FI/Espoo):
> Hannes&  Blaine
> _______________________________________________
> OAuth mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/oauth
>

---

From: David Recordon <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 15 Jun 2010 23:06:24 -0700

Hey Hannes,
Thanks! While I realize that the meeting lasts for the full week, I'll
have a hard time being in the Netherlands for over two week days. I
don't know what other people's schedules look like, but I'm guessing
that a fewer number of longer time blocks will be more useful than
shorter blocks spread out across the entire week.

I made a poll to see what day(s) people are planning to be at the
meeting in Maastricht. (If you're not planning to come, please still
respond to the poll but just don't check any of the days.)

http://www.doodle.com/t593i5yc76furdt6

Thanks,
--David

---

From: Hannes Tschofenig <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 16 Jun 2010 13:35:44 +0300

Hi David,

a poll sounds like a good idea. But maybe it would be useful to start it 
when the final agenda is distributed to know when the actual working 
group meeting takes place.

According to http://www.ietf.org/meeting/cutoff-dates-2010.html#IETF78 
the final agenda will be available on the 2nd July.

Ciao
Hannes