Subject: [OAUTH-WG] Draft iteration frequency

From: Eran Hammer-Lahav <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 14 Jun 2010 10:14:57 -0700

I am now making daily changes to the draft. I check these changes in daily (sometimes more) to my github account [1] but I'm not clear how often do people here wants me to submit those as I-D revisions. Frequent submission makes it harder for people to read and provide feedback because there always seems to be a newer draft, but also keeps the discussion focused on IETF documents, not personal copies elsewhere.

Preferences?

EHL

[1] http://github.com/theRazorBlade/draft-ietf-oauth

---

From: Torsten Lodderstedt <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 14 Jun 2010 21:21:43 +0200

I would prefer a frequency of once a week.

regards,
Torsten.

Am 14.06.2010 19:14, schrieb Eran Hammer-Lahav:
> _______________________________________________
> OAuth mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/oauth
>

---

From: SM <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 17 Jun 2010 04:21:49 -0700

Hi Eran,
At 10:14 14-06-10, Eran Hammer-Lahav wrote:
>I am now making daily changes to the draft. I check these changes in 
>daily (sometimes more) to my github account [1] but I'm not clear 
>how often do people here wants me to submit those as I-D revisions. 
>Frequent submission makes it harder for people to read and provide 
>feedback because there always seems to be a newer draft, but also 
>keeps the discussion focused on IETF documents, not personal copies elsewhere.

There is author in another WG that was submitting frequent 
revisions.  It's not a good idea for the reasons you outlined 
above.  I suggest that you use your best judgement to determine when 
the changes are significant enough to submit a new revision of the I-D.

If you look at an I-D as a specification which will be implemented, 
it would be better to avoid frequent iterations.

Regards,
-sm