Subject: [OAUTH-WG] Device profile wording

From: Andrew Arnott <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 7 Jun 2010 08:39:57 -0700

>From the spec:

The client makes the following request at an arbitrary but reasonable *interval
*which MUST NOT *exceed the minimum **interval rate *provided by the
authorization server (if present via the interval parameter).

I know what an interval is, and I know what a rate is.  But "interval rate"
I think is a poor combination of words that makes this sentence confusing.
Also, "MUST NOT exceed the minimum" is another confusing combination of
words.  We can't exceed the minimum?  Well then that sounds like a maximum
to me. :)

So to be constructive rather than just derogatory, here's my proposed new
text:

The client makes the following request at an arbitrary but reasonable *interval
*which MUST be at least the time provided by the authorization server (if
present via the interval parameter).

Further down in the flow there's some wording that might also be adjusted
for the same reasons.

--
Andrew Arnott
"I [may] not agree with what you have to say, but I'll defend to the death
your right to say it." - S. G. Tallentyre