Subject: [OAUTH-WG] Last Call: <draft-ietf-oauth-assertions-17.txt> (Assertion Framework for OAuth 2.0 Client Authentication and Authorization Grants) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 15 Sep 2014 09:35:41 -0700

The IESG has received a request from the Web Authorization Protocol WG
(oauth) to consider the following document:
- 'Assertion Framework for OAuth 2.0 Client Authentication and
   Authorization Grants'
  <draft-ietf-oauth-assertions-17.txt> as Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2014-09-29. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   This specification provides a framework for the use of assertions
   with OAuth 2.0 in the form of a new client authentication mechanism
   and a new authorization grant type.  Mechanisms are specified for
   transporting assertions during interactions with a token endpoint, as
   well as general processing rules.

   The intent of this specification is to provide a common framework for
   OAuth 2.0 to interwork with other identity systems using assertions,
   and to provide alternative client authentication mechanisms.

   Note that this specification only defines abstract message flows and
   processing rules.  In order to be implementable, companion
   specifications are necessary to provide the corresponding concrete
   instantiations.

The file can be obtained via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-oauth-assertions/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-oauth-assertions/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.