Subject: [OAUTH-WG] On Client credentials.

From: Savita D <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 9 Mar 2015 01:21:10 +0100

Hi,

Its really good to see this separation of authorization from application.
While I was going through the spec, I could not understand the motive of
client credentials.

Why is there a Client credentials authorization grant?

Please explain with some example.

Thanks in advance.
Savita.

---

From: Paul Madsen <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 09 Mar 2015 10:31:41 -0400

Hi Savita, the client credentials grant allows the Client to request an 
access token for *itself* (ie in its own right), rather than on behalf 
of a particular user (who is willing to delegate authorizations to the 
Client).

paul

On 3/8/15 8:21 PM, Savita D wrote:
> While I was going through the spec, I could not understand the motive 
> of client credentials.
>
> _______________________________________________
> OAuth mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/oauth