Subject: [OAUTH-WG] (was Re: IETF 93 OAuth WG Meeting Minutes)

From: Brian Campbell <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 6 Nov 2015 13:39:43 -0700

Adding those security considerations is probably a good idea but it doesn't
actually address the question from my WGLC comments on
draft-ietf-oauth-jwsreq-06
<http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/oauth/current/msg15072.html>.

The question was about what from an encrypted only Request Object should
have. There's text in the draft that seems to suggest it must be a JWS with
alg=none nested inside a JWE. But there's also text that suggests a JWE
with JSON Claims directly as the payload is okay. I was asking what the
intent of the spec actually was and that it be clarified in the doc.

On Fri, Nov 6, 2015 at 6:03 AM, Hannes Tschofenig <[email-masked]
> wrote:

>
>         Brian raised a question whether the request object is only
> encrypted.
> This lead to a discussion of the difference between encryption and
> integrity protection (using symmetric and asymmetric cryptography). The
> conclusion was reached that the security consideration section needs to
> be updated to explain what properties the different methods for using
> JWS/JWE provide.
>
>