Subject: [OAUTH-WG] Errata 3904

From: Kathleen Moriarty <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 8 Dec 2015 10:47:12 -0500

Hi,

I'm inclined to reject the following errata on 2 counts:

error_description is already included int he registry and adding a new
entry involves a 'specification required' and a review period on the
email list for that registry.

Should there be a specification for this?  It looks the same as
error_description to me, but maybe I'm missing something?

Errata description:
https://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/oauth/current/msg12519.html

Section of OAuth 2.0 referenced:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc6749#section-11.2.2

-- 

Best regards,
Kathleen

---

From: John Bradley <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 8 Dec 2015 13:07:47 -0300

It is registered in the IANA registry
http://www.iana.org/assignments/oauth-parameters/oauth-parameters.xhtml

It is properly specified as a parameter in RFC6749

For some reason in the doc it is not properly listed in the IANA actions.  I would need to go back through the diffs, perhaps it disappeared after the IANA actions and before the RFC editors final draft. 

It is a bit strange, however the IANA registry is authoritative, I don’t know that a missing IANA instruction is worth making a big deal over at this point.

If we update the doc we could add that back in, as apparently some people look at that list rather than the registry.

John B.

> On Dec 8, 2015, at 12:47 PM, Kathleen Moriarty <[email-masked]> wrote:
> 
> Hi,
> 
> _______________________________________________
> OAuth mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/oauth

---

From: Kathleen Moriarty <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 8 Dec 2015 11:14:30 -0500

> If we update the doc we could add that back in, as apparently some people look at that list rather than the registry.

Thanks, John.  I should have looked at the registry!  I'll mark this
as verified and note that it is already in the registry.  I'll put it
down as editorial since the registry is normative.

Thanks!
Kathleen

-- 

Best regards,
Kathleen