Subject: [OAUTH-WG] Last Call: <draft-ietf-oauth-proof-of-possession-08.txt> (Proof-of-Possession Key Semantics for JSON Web Tokens (JWTs)) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 02 Dec 2015 07:37:16 -0800

The IESG has received a request from the Web Authorization Protocol WG
(oauth) to consider the following document:
- 'Proof-of-Possession Key Semantics for JSON Web Tokens (JWTs)'
  <draft-ietf-oauth-proof-of-possession-08.txt> as Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2015-12-16. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   This specification defines how to express a declaration in a JSON Web
   Token (JWT) that the presenter of the JWT possesses a particular key
   and that the recipient can cryptographically confirm proof-of-
   possession of the key by the presenter.  Being able to prove
   possession of a key is also sometimes described as the presenter
   being a holder-of-key.

The file can be obtained via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-oauth-proof-of-possession/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-oauth-proof-of-possession/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.