Subject: [OAUTH-WG] I-D Action: draft-ietf-oauth-jwt-bcp-03.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 07 May 2018 15:35:38 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Web Authorization Protocol WG of the IETF.

        Title           : JSON Web Token Best Current Practices
        Authors         : Yaron Sheffer
                          Dick Hardt
                          Michael B. Jones
	Filename        : draft-ietf-oauth-jwt-bcp-03.txt
	Pages           : 13
	Date            : 2018-05-07

Abstract:
   JSON Web Tokens, also known as JWTs, are URL-safe JSON-based security
   tokens that contain a set of claims that can be signed and/or
   encrypted.  JWTs are being widely used and deployed as a simple
   security token format in numerous protocols and applications, both in
   the area of digital identity, and in other application areas.  The
   goal of this Best Current Practices document is to provide actionable
   guidance leading to secure implementation and deployment of JWTs.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-oauth-jwt-bcp/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-oauth-jwt-bcp-03
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-oauth-jwt-bcp-03

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-oauth-jwt-bcp-03

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

---

From: Neil Madden <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 8 May 2018 13:06:17 +0100

I was just checking over this latest draft and I noticed that the reference to [nist-sp-800-56a-r3] currently links to https://csrc.nist.gov/CSRC/media/Publications/sp/800-56a/rev-3/draft/documents/sp800-56ar3-draft.pdf, which is a superseded draft. The final revision 3 is available at https://nvlpubs.nist.gov/nistpubs/SpecialPublications/NIST.SP.800-56Ar3.pdf (or https://doi.org/10.6028/NIST.SP.800-56Ar3 might be preferable for long-term stability).

Kind regards,

— Neil

> On 7 May 2018, at 23:35, [email-masked] wrote:
> 
> 
> _______________________________________________
> OAuth mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/oauth

---

From: Mike Jones <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 8 May 2018 19:04:47 +0000

Thanks, Neil.  I've made a note of this so that we can update the reference the next time we're editing the spec.

				-- Mike

-----Original Message-----
From: OAuth <[email-masked]> On Behalf Of Neil Madden
Sent: Tuesday, May 8, 2018 5:06 AM
To: oauth <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: [OAUTH-WG] I-D Action: draft-ietf-oauth-jwt-bcp-03.txt

Kind regards,

— Neil

> Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of 
> submission until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.
>