Subject: [OAUTH-WG] I-D Action: draft-ietf-oauth-mtls-08.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 07 May 2018 13:00:31 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Web Authorization Protocol WG of the IETF.

        Title           : OAuth 2.0 Mutual TLS Client Authentication and Certificate Bound Access Tokens
        Authors         : Brian Campbell
                          John Bradley
                          Nat Sakimura
                          Torsten Lodderstedt
	Filename        : draft-ietf-oauth-mtls-08.txt
	Pages           : 21
	Date            : 2018-05-07

Abstract:
   This document describes OAuth client authentication and certificate
   bound access tokens using mutual Transport Layer Security (TLS)
   authentication with X.509 certificates.  OAuth clients are provided a
   mechanism for authentication to the authorization sever using mutual
   TLS, based on either single certificates or public key infrastructure
   (PKI).  OAuth authorization servers are provided a mechanism for
   binding access tokens to a client's mutual TLS certificate, and OAuth
   protected resources are provided a method for ensuring that such an
   access token presented to it was issued to the client presenting the
   token.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-oauth-mtls/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-oauth-mtls-08
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-oauth-mtls-08

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-oauth-mtls-08

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

---

From: Brian Campbell <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 7 May 2018 14:14:03 -0600

A new draft of the OAuth 2.0 Mutual TLS Client Authentication and
Certificate Bound Access Tokens specification has published with changes
addressing review comments from Working Group Last Call. Thanks in
particular to Justin Richer and Neil Madden for the detailed reviews. A
summary of the changes (copied from the document history) is below.

   draft-ietf-oauth-mtls-08

   o  Incorporate clarifications and editorial improvements from Justin
      Richer's WGLC review
   o  Drop the use of the "sender constrained" terminology per WGLC
      feedback from Neil Madden (including changing the metadata
      parameters from mutual_tls_sender_constrained_access_tokens to
      tls_client_certificate_bound_access_tokens)
   o  Add a new security considerations section on X.509 parsing and
      validation per WGLC feedback from Neil Madden and Benjamin Kaduk
   o  Note that a server can terminate TLS at a load balancer, reverse
      proxy, etc. but how the client certificate metadata is securely
      communicated to the backend is out of scope per WGLC feedback
   o  Note that revocation checking is at the discretion of the AS per
      WGLC feedback
   o  Editorial updates and clarifications
   o  Update draft-ietf-oauth-discovery reference to -10 and draft-ietf-
      oauth-token-binding to -06
   o  Add folks involved in WGLC feedback to the acknowledgements list

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, May 7, 2018 at 2:00 PM
Subject: [OAUTH-WG] I-D Action: draft-ietf-oauth-mtls-08.txt
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts
directories.
This draft is a work item of the Web Authorization Protocol WG of the IETF.

        Title           : OAuth 2.0 Mutual TLS Client Authentication and
Certificate Bound Access Tokens
        Authors         : Brian Campbell
                          John Bradley
                          Nat Sakimura
                          Torsten Lodderstedt
        Filename        : draft-ietf-oauth-mtls-08.txt
        Pages           : 21
        Date            : 2018-05-07

Abstract:

_______________________________________________
OAuth mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/oauth

-- 
_CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This email may contain confidential and privileged 
material for the sole use of the intended recipient(s). Any review, use, 
distribution or disclosure by others is strictly prohibited.  If you have 
received this communication in error, please notify the sender immediately 
by e-mail and delete the message and any file attachments from your 
computer. Thank you._

---

From: Brian Campbell <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 7 May 2018 14:16:32 -0600

has *been* published

sigh

---

From: Justin Richer <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 8 May 2018 16:12:32 -0400

I’ve reviewed the changes and it looks good to me. Thanks, Brian!

 — Justin

> On May 7, 2018, at 4:16 PM, Brian Campbell <[email-masked]> wrote:
> 
> has *been* published 
> 
> sigh 
> 
> On Mon, May 7, 2018 at 2:14 PM, Brian Campbell <[email-masked] <mailto:[email-masked]>> wrote:
> A new draft of the OAuth 2.0 Mutual TLS Client Authentication and Certificate Bound Access Tokens specification has published with changes addressing review comments from Working Group Last Call. Thanks in particular to Justin Richer and Neil Madden for the detailed reviews. A summary of the changes (copied from the document history) is below.
> 
>    draft-ietf-oauth-mtls-08
> 
> From: <[email-masked] <mailto:[email-masked]>>
> To: i-d-announce@ietf..org <mailto:[email-masked]>
> Cc: [email-masked] <mailto:[email-masked]>
> 
> 
> 
> https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-oauth-mtls/ <https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-oauth-mtls/>
> 
> https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-oauth-mtls-08 <https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-oauth-mtls-08>
> https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-oauth-mtls-08 <https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-oauth-mtls-08>
> 
> https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-oauth-mtls-08 <https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-oauth-mtls-08>
> 
> 
> until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org <http://tools.ietf.org/>.
> 
> ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/ <ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/>
> 
> [email-masked] <mailto:[email-masked]>
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/oauth <https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/oauth>
> 
> 
> 
> CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This email may contain confidential and privileged material for the sole use of the intended recipient(s). Any review, use, distribution or disclosure by others is strictly prohibited..  If you have received this communication in error, please notify the sender immediately by e-mail and delete the message and any file attachments from your computer. Thank you._______________________________________________
> OAuth mailing list
> [email-masked]