Subject: [OAUTH-WG] I-D Action: draft-ietf-oauth-security-topics-14.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 10 Feb 2020 10:14:21 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Web Authorization Protocol WG of the IETF.

        Title           : OAuth 2.0 Security Best Current Practice
        Authors         : Torsten Lodderstedt
                          John Bradley
                          Andrey Labunets
                          Daniel Fett
	Filename        : draft-ietf-oauth-security-topics-14.txt
	Pages           : 46
	Date            : 2020-02-10

Abstract:
   This document describes best current security practice for OAuth 2.0.
   It updates and extends the OAuth 2.0 Security Threat Model to
   incorporate practical experiences gathered since OAuth 2.0 was
   published and covers new threats relevant due to the broader
   application of OAuth 2.0.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-oauth-security-topics/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-oauth-security-topics-14
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-oauth-security-topics-14

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-oauth-security-topics-14

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

---

From: Vladimir Dzhuvinov <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 11 Feb 2020 20:43:44 +0200

Fantastic, we now have "code_challenge_methods_supported" defined for AS
metadata and it's a MUST. Long overdue.

Vladimir

On 10/02/2020 20:14, [email-masked] wrote:
> _______________________________________________
>

---

From: Brian Campbell <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 11 Feb 2020 16:19:54 -0700

code_challenge_methods_supported is/was already defined in RFC 8414, it's
just kinda easy to miss that it's there as you'd typically expect to find
that sort of thing in the doc that defines PKCE itself. But PKCE (RFC 7636)
predates AS metadata (RFC 8414) so things are different in that case.

I notice too that draft-ietf-oauth-security-topics-14 still erroneously has
RFC 8418 as the reference next to code_challenge_methods_supported where it
should be RFC 8414.

On Tue, Feb 11, 2020 at 11:43 AM Vladimir Dzhuvinov <[email-masked]>
wrote:

> OAuth mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/oauth
>

-- 
_CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This email may contain confidential and privileged 
material for the sole use of the intended recipient(s). Any review, use, 
distribution or disclosure by others is strictly prohibited.  If you have 
received this communication in error, please notify the sender immediately 
by e-mail and delete the message and any file attachments from your 
computer. Thank you._

---

From: Vladimir Dzhuvinov <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 12 Feb 2020 20:36:32 +0200

Thanks Brian, we missed that entirely.

Have there been any thoughts on specifying a matching client reg
parameter for PKCE?

Vladimir

On 12/02/2020 01:19, Brian Campbell wrote:
> code_challenge_methods_supported is/was already defined in RFC 8414,
> it's just kinda easy to miss that it's there as you'd typically expect
> to find that sort of thing in the doc that defines PKCE itself. But
> PKCE (RFC 7636) predates AS metadata (RFC 8414) so things are
> different in that case.
>
> I notice too that draft-ietf-oauth-security-topics-14 still
> erroneously has RFC 8418 as the reference next to
> code_challenge_methods_supported where it should be RFC 8414. 
>
> On Tue, Feb 11, 2020 at 11:43 AM Vladimir Dzhuvinov
> <[email-masked] <mailto:[email-masked]>> wrote:
>
>     On 10/02/2020 20:14, [email-masked]
>     <mailto:[email-masked]> wrote:
>     > until the htmlized version and diff are available at
>     tools.ietf.org <http://tools.ietf.org>.
>     >
>     [email-masked] <mailto:[email-masked]>