Subject: [OAUTH-WG] RFC 8705 on OAuth 2.0 Mutual-TLS Client Authentication and Certificate-Bound Access Tokens

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 28 Feb 2020 16:10:46 -0800 (PST)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 8705

        Title:      OAuth 2.0 Mutual-TLS Client Authentication 
                    and Certificate-Bound Access Tokens 
        Author:     B. Campbell,
                    J. Bradley,
                    N. Sakimura,
                    T. Lodderstedt
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       February 2020
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked],
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      24
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-oauth-mtls-17.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc8705

        DOI:        10.17487/RFC8705

This document describes OAuth client authentication and
certificate-bound access and refresh tokens using mutual Transport
Layer Security (TLS) authentication with X.509 certificates.  OAuth
clients are provided a mechanism for authentication to the
authorization server using mutual TLS, based on either self-signed
certificates or public key infrastructure (PKI). OAuth authorization
servers are provided a mechanism for binding access tokens to a
client's mutual-TLS certificate, and OAuth protected resources are
provided a method for ensuring that such an access token presented to
it was issued to the client presenting the token.

This document is a product of the Web Authorization Protocol Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet Standards Track
protocol for the Internet community, and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Official
Internet Protocol Standards (https://www.rfc-editor.org/standards) for the 
standardization state and status of this protocol.  Distribution of this 
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/retrieve/bulk

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC