Subject: [OAUTH-WG] Robert Wilton's No Objection on draft-ietf-oauth-jwsreq-26: (with COMMENT)

From: Robert Wilton via Datatracker <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 12 Aug 2020 11:53:26 -0700

Robert Wilton has entered the following ballot position for
draft-ietf-oauth-jwsreq-26: No Objection

When responding, please keep the subject line intact and reply to all
email addresses included in the To and CC lines. (Feel free to cut this
introductory paragraph, however.)

Please refer to https://www.ietf.org/iesg/statement/discuss-criteria.html
for more information about IESG DISCUSS and COMMENT positions.

The document, along with other ballot positions, can be found here:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-oauth-jwsreq/

----------------------------------------------------------------------
COMMENT:
----------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi,

Only one minor comment:

I liked the reference to max URL size for older versions of Internet Explorer,
but wonder if that is still really relevant in 2020?  Or perhaps it could now
be removed?

Regards,
Rob

---

From: Nat Sakimura <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 14 Aug 2020 00:12:07 +0900

Dear Robert,

Thanks for the comment.
Internet Explorer limitation is interesting from the historical perspective
but can probably now safely removed as well.
We may want to put an example such as a Mobile App spawning external
browser to make an authorization request instead.

Cheers,

Nat

On Thu, Aug 13, 2020 at 3:53 AM Robert Wilton via Datatracker <
[email-masked]> wrote:

> _______________________________________________
> OAuth mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/oauth
>

-- 
Nat Sakimura (=nat)
Chairman, OpenID Foundation
http://nat.sakimura.org/
@_nat_en