Subject: [OAUTH-WG] Examples of Auth with Profiles

From: Jeff Craig <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 12 Nov 2020 15:31:07 -0600

Hello OAuth WG,

I am currently doing some research on APIs that have a Profile concept,
something akin to Netflix's profile support where there is a single account
with multiple sub-profiles. I am trying to determine how current APIs
handle this use case, and evaluate any common patterns or practices that
may exist today.

Thanks.

---

From: Dick Hardt <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 12 Nov 2020 15:09:31 -0800

Since there is no security boundary between profiles, the profile is just
passed as a parameter to APIs rather than have it in the access token.

ᐧ

On Thu, Nov 12, 2020 at 1:31 PM Jeff Craig <jeffcraig=
[email-masked]> wrote:

> _______________________________________________
> OAuth mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/oauth
>