Subject: How do I do this with OpenPGP?

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 7 May 2002 16:29:53 -0500

From: John Dlugosz

One of the nice things about OpenPGP is that multiple signatories are
possible on a key, each "meaning" something.  Basically, it trent signs a
key, it's OK with me for (purpose A), and the fact that Carl signed it too
for some other purpose is beside the point.

But, I want Trent to be able to certify a key for a certain time period.
Tag 2, type 0x10-0x13 doesn't contain a date.  I suppose there's a more
complicated way to do this, though?  type 0x1F says "...for statements that
non-self certifiers want to make about the key itself" so maybe something
in there?  Or certifing one of the (time range) subkeys instead of the main
key?

Anyone?

--John

---

From: David Shaw <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 7 May 2002 18:09:42 -0400

> in there?  Or certifing one of the (time range) subkeys instead of the main

I think you are looking for section 5.2.3.10: Signature expiration
time.  Or if the key belongs to Trent's and he wants to make the whole
key go away after a while, then section 5.2.3.6: Key expiration time.

David

-- 
   David Shaw  |  [email-masked]  |  WWW http://www.jabberwocky.com/
+---------------------------------------------------------------------------+
   "There are two major products that come out of Berkeley: LSD and UNIX.
      We don't believe this to be a coincidence." - Jeremy S. Anderson