Subject: Re: Primary subkey subpacket

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 15 Aug 2002 09:50:35 +0200

Timo Schulz wrote:
> On Wed Aug 14 2002; 14:27, [email-masked] wrote:
> 
> > > which is placed on the self signature to force the implementation
>                            ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
> [snip]
> > where do you want to place it?
> 
> In the self signature.

in which self signature?:

5.2.3.3. Notes on Self-Signatures
   A self-signature is a binding signature made by the key the
   signature refers to. There are three types of self-signatures, the
   certification signatures (types 0x10-0x13), the direct-key signature
   (type 0x1f), and the subkey binding signature (type 0x18). For

__
Disastry  http://disastry.dhs.org/

---

From: Timo Schulz <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 15 Aug 2002 11:59:41 +0200

[snip]

Yes, I'm aware we can't use the self signature but this packet would
need a central place because otherwise it would no make sense. The best
idea is somewhere in a signature which carries the public key because
there is only one public key and this would be central.

        Timo