Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-ops-rfc2786std-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 28 Aug 2002 07:57:39 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Open Pluggable Edge Services Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: Diffie-Hellman USM Key MIB
	Author(s)	: M. StJohns
	Filename	: draft-ietf-ops-rfc2786std-00.txt
	Pages		: 28
	Date		: 2002-8-27
	
This memo defines a portion of the Management Information Base (MIB)
for use with network management protocols in the Internet community.
In particular, it defines a textual convention for doing Diffie-
Hellman key agreement key exchanges and a set of objects which extend
the usmUserTable to permit the use of a DH key exchange in addition
to the key change method described in [14].  In other words, this MIB
adds the possibility of forward secrecy to the USM model.  It also
defines a set of objects that can be used to kick start security on
an SNMPv3 agent when the out of band path is authenticated, but not
necessarily private or confidential.
The author is submitting this draft at the request of the O&M area
director.  This memo revises and updates RFC 2786 [19] with the goal
of moving the described protocol and MIB from Experimental to
Standards Track.  The one minor substantive change from the
Experimental RFC is a restatement of the conditions on the selection
of the DH public number (see DHKeyChange and usmDHKickstartMyPublic
in the body of the MIB as well as the MIBs revision history).  The
spelling of 'Hellman' was corrected throughout.  Author contact
information was updated.  Slight structural modifications were made
to more cleanly seperate boilerplate from substantive text.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ops-rfc2786std-00.txt

To remove yourself from the IETF Announcement list, send a message to 
ietf-announce-request with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-ops-rfc2786std-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ops-rfc2786std-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.